Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back fox hunting

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
NMH said:
I put the bag of rubbish out last night, all neatly bagged for the collection this morning.

It was strewn ALL OVER my street when I awoke and looked out the front window.

KILL the little furry f***ers.

Yes, and those big effing seagulls that peck open thick reinforced disposal bags.
Murder those buggers too.

In fact, kill EVERYTHING that doesn't do what suits me.

Kill everything, kill kill! :rant:

If it helps one of our dogs had a fight with a fox the other day and the fox came second. (It's a rather large dog).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Woodchip said:
Are you sure it was a fox? Seagulls are worse than foxes for that sort of behaviour

Believe me foxes can make a hell of a mess. When I lived in Worthing the council insisted your rubbish was in a plastic bag rather than a dustbin which was fair game for a fox. Where I am now is pretty rural and there are foxes and badgers. I think the dogs can have a fox but I wouldn't fancy their chances against a badger.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Also, how does killing one fox every 3 months actually help cull the numbers? Roads kill more foxes than hunts. Should we slap a dual carriageway through every village to keep fox and badger numbers down?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Woodchip said:
Also, how does killing one fox every 3 months actually help cull the numbers? Roads kill more foxes than hunts. Should we slap a dual carriageway through every village to keep fox and badger numbers down?

The arguement against culling foxes is that shooting doesn't always kill them instantly and poison can harm other wild life (such as badgers) as well as domestic pets.

I think a lot of the issues with Fox Hunting are about calss distinction and the fact that Foxes look cute. Nobody get's too upset about giving rats warfarine which makes them die of internal bleeding. Also, the old one about a fox in a hen house. He'll take one but slaughter the others anyway.

I think that it's also the thought of killing something for sport but there again, angling is supposed to have the biggest participation of any sport in this country and fish untenetionally get killed in the process.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Also, the old one about a fox in a hen house. He'll take one but slaughter the others anyway.

One (or they) got our lambs (that I posted in a pet thread on here) a few months ago. Beheaded them all, but left every single head/body there. Didn't eat/take anything away. Just mauled their heads off and left them there, didn't even bury any for a later hungry day like they keep (or kept, haven't for a while since paddy got serious this season with snares and digging out) doing with our hens.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Starry said:
One (or they) got our lambs (that I posted in a pet thread on here) a few months ago. Beheaded them all, but left every single head/body there. Didn't eat/take anything away. Just mauled their heads off and left them there, didn't even bury any for a later hungry day like they keep (or kept, haven't for a while since paddy got serious this season with snares and digging out) doing with our hens.

I was told by a farmer that the reason foxes do this is because having animals herded together is 'unnatural' to a fox (his words but he was anti hunting). The fact that they're vicious little bastards is missed by some.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yes it is, they call it surplus killing, where they just kill anything and all of it because it's there in front of it.

I can *almost* deal with them killing our lamb and chicken if they bloody well ate them, but they don't, they come in and rip everything up and just leave all the 'meat' behind.

And our hens are brought in at night and we check our pens frequently but they dig under so quickly.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I supose as long as the tempation is there for foxes to behave like a fox then they will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here