Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back CULLIP - the campaign starts here

Should Mark Mcghee bring back DC ? (that RHYMES that does)

• YES - Cullip is EXACTLY the kind of experienced centreback we need right now. By christ Easy, you've

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • NO - he was an over-rated BULLYBOY who's nothing more than a 2nd rate journeyman nowadays. Just piss

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Has anyone seen my phone ? Could've sworn I left it in this thread. Hang on, I'll try ringing it.

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Easy 10 said:
I see I'm still in 'mong' territory then.
Fitness would probably be the major issue I suppose. But IF he's fit for the start of the season, I sincerely hope MM picks up the phone and gives Forest a call before the end of August. They're clearly going to be one of the frontrunners to go up this season, and we already know DC is not really good enough in the League above. He's only making up the numbers at Forest as it is, whereas he could come down here and be our captain and lynchpin of the side.

If he's fit, its a go-er as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT]
I've now moved out of the MONGZONE. Hurrah ! :clap2:

I'll back this , he would rise to the occasion and could be exactly what we need. If it was a loan it would surely suit everyone.

I think the stumbling block could well be the fact that Mr McGhees telephone appears to no longer work

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was against this last year because I wasn't convinced he was up to Championship level.

However, such a deal to bring him back would now make sense, but ONLY with a sound medical.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Dougal said:
I think the stumbling block could well be the fact that Mr McGhees telephone appears to no longer work

Maybe they are still trying to extract it from his arse after Kuipers shoved it up there last season (allegedly)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Speaking of leaders, whats dennis wise doing now? i heard that coventry didnt want him this year and if he can hit the form of what he hit at the end of last season then he could be a good signing, but again i think it could be more down to injuries rather than anything else being the reason Coventry released him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ali_jenkins123 said:
Speaking of leaders, whats dennis wise doing now? i heard that coventry didnt want him this year and if he can hit the form of what he hit at the end of last season then he could be a good signing, but again i think it could be more down to injuries rather than anything else being the reason Coventry released him.

Manager of Swindon Town. :ohmy:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ali_jenkins123 said:

Think he is at Swindon?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'm with Pavillionaire - against this last year but he would be fantastic back in League One. Leadership is what we need and someone to organise at the back. He must be on at least 6 grand a week so doubt very much it'll happen but woud love to see him back.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I`d welcome him back like a shot if he was fit.

However, there was a suggestion that McGhee did`nt try too hard to stop him going beacuse he had "got the changing room in his pocket" ie. had a liitle bit too much influence with the players for the managers liking. Not sure if I believe it but did anyone else hear anything similar?.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
harold robbins said:
Personally I`d welcome him back like a shot if he was fit.

However, there was a suggestion that McGhee did`nt try too hard to stop him going beacuse he had "got the changing room in his pocket" ie. had a liitle bit too much influence with the players for the managers liking. Not sure if I believe it but did anyone else hear anything similar?.

I heard from someone inside the club that he was a "tricky character" so I doubt we'll see Mr Cullip back again. We are too quiet on the pitch without someone like him or Oatway around. Plus agree about the need for experince at back. Tis a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here