Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bring back CULLIP - the campaign starts here

Should Mark Mcghee bring back DC ? (that RHYMES that does)

• YES - Cullip is EXACTLY the kind of experienced centreback we need right now. By christ Easy, you've

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • NO - he was an over-rated BULLYBOY who's nothing more than a 2nd rate journeyman nowadays. Just piss

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Has anyone seen my phone ? Could've sworn I left it in this thread. Hang on, I'll try ringing it.

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Hinsh's injury is as bad as it usually is, we are in DIRE need of an experienced centreback. El Abd and Lynch can probably fill in for a while, but with Butters also struggling with his back (and he's not getting any younger), and the other alternatives largely just yoofers, we are now chronically exposed in this position.

We need EXPERIENCE. We need SKILL. We need LEADERSHIP. We need CULLIP. This fella bleeds blue and white, and if he's not getting regular games at Forest, I bet he'd relish coming back to his old stomping ground and teaming up again with FDM, Charlie, Chippy and the like. Get him back down here, give him the captains armband, and in one fell swoop McGhee will have plugged a MASSIVE hole in this squad. Cullip may not have been Championship standard, but in this league again, he'll be a colossus for us.

BRING BACK CULLIP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His no nonsense leadership, coupled with the ability to blame everyone but himself for mistakes is a double edged sword imo. Cullip is great in an experienced team, have my doubts in a team full of kids.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Nah, im ok thanks. The second spell is never as good as the first and id like to remember him as an Albion Legend who left at the right time. Not someone who wasn't good enough for the championship and came here because he couldn't get games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Icy Gull said:
His no nonsense leadership, coupled with the ability to blame everyone but himself for mistakes is a double edged sword imo. Cullip is great in an experienced team, have my doubts in a team full of kids.
Its exactly because we've got a team full of kids that we NEED someone like Cullip out there helping to marshall them. Its precisely what we are lacking on the pitch right now - Leadership. I'm sure Wendy could have a word in his shell-like along the lines of "just do all you can to stay vocal, help organise, but don't slaughter them if they make a mistake".

I could also see DC pulling Kaz up by his ears if he persists with that sitting-on-his-arse-appealing-to-the-ref malarky he was so fond of last season.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I agree with this: we've missed his leadership as much as his playing ability - there's not been as much shouting out there since he's gone.

This is dreadful to admit to not knowing but where is he now? Has he been playing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
".

I could also see DC pulling Kaz up by his ears if he persists with that sitting-on-his-arse-appealing-to-the-ref malarky he was so fond of last season.

he would as well wouldn't he :lolol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Man of Harveys said:
I agree with this: we've missed his leadership as much as his playing ability - there's not been as much shouting out there since he's gone.

This is dreadful to admit to not knowing but where is he now? Has he been playing?

Forest. Got 22 as a a squad number and spent most of last year injured.

If he is fit, he is exactly what we are after. In fact, any signing of any kind who has played league football is currently what we are after.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Cullip is one of my heroes from his time here, a bloody legend in my book. And although my heart would love to see him in the stripes again my head says never go back. He has been plagued by injuries since he left us and struggled to get games at this level last year with Forrest. I'll just stick with my fond memories of him smacking Robbie Pethick about.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would love to see him back, but unfortunately it appears as if their is bugger all chance of it happening

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see I'm still in 'mong' territory then.
Fitness would probably be the major issue I suppose. But IF he's fit for the start of the season, I sincerely hope MM picks up the phone and gives Forest a call before the end of August. They're clearly going to be one of the frontrunners to go up this season, and we already know DC is not really good enough in the League above. He's only making up the numbers at Forest as it is, whereas he could come down here and be our captain and lynchpin of the side.

If he's fit, its a go-er as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT]
I've now moved out of the MONGZONE. Hurrah ! :clap2:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Forest still want him I believe, besides he spent most of last season injured. Not the man for us, unfortunately.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
[

I could also see DC pulling Kaz up by his ears if he persists with that sitting-on-his-arse-appealing-to-the-ref malarky he was so fond of last season. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lolol:

now that i would pay to see

:lolol: :lolol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
COME ON LADS! LETS HAVE A WINNER! :clap2:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I think his leadership and experience is what we definetly need.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
We havent had a LEADER since he left.

Still, with all McGhees contacts I am sure he will come up with someone :jester:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
We havent had a LEADER since he left.

Still, with all McGhees contacts I am sure he will come up with someone :jester:

Yeah whats Joe Dolan doing these days :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here