Bring a mate for a fiver..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seagull Stew said:
Applies to East Stand only!

How long before the first season ticket holder moan about this? :lolol:

Dear Mr. Perry,
I am a Season Ticket Holder in the North Stand. On Saturday I took advantage of your 'Bring Two Mates For A Fiver' offer. Imagine my dismay on finding that my mates tickets were for the East Stand, several hundred metres from where I was sitting. To my further dismay, nay, HORROR, the heavens opened shortly after kick-off, drenching aforesaid mates to the skin.

Needless to say my former mates were somewhat less than happy with my gesture of friendship. Please find enclosed the bill for my dental reconstruction work. I expect it to be paid by return or you will be hearing from my solicitors.

Yours Disgustedly

:angry:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm telling my two friends about the deal,then NOT inviting them.

Outraged STH!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Is this some sort of deal for all football league clubs?
As Millwall are doing the same deal

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
This is a very good idea by the club, i brought a ticket for the game 2 weeks ago so wish i had known about this, but oh well suppose its one of them things.

Did mention it to the bloke at work that really wanted west ham tickets, for some reason he did seem not as excited about this one!

Hope it does get the attendance up next saturday!

Has anyone done the maths on this offer?

The people who will really benefit are the people who go to every game, but normally pay on a match-by-match basis.

Let's assume they normally pay £23.50. For the Rotherham game, they will pay £5.00 if they get a season-ticket-holder-mate to buy the ticket.

The Club will have lost £18.50 on the transaction.

If 500 regular supporters do this, the Club will have lost £9,250.

The Club will only make up that loss if it can sell an extra £9,250 worth of tickets. At £5 a time, it will need to sell 1,850 extra tickets (over and above the 500 that have already gone cheap).

With 500 people claiming the discount, the initiative will only be profitable if the crowd gets up to 7,000.

If 1,000 regular attenders wangle an £18.50 discount, the break-even point is reached only when the crowd reaches 8,850 - which is MORE THAN THE CAPACITY IN THE HOME AREAS.

It'll be nice to get some more people into a game, but I can't see this scheme doing anything but lose money.

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:

The people who will really benefit are the people who go to every game, but normally pay on a match-by-match basis.

Let's assume they normally pay £23.50. For the Rotherham game, they will pay £5.00 if they get a season-ticket-holder-mate to buy the ticket.

The Club will only make up that loss if it can sell an extra £9,250 worth of tickets. At £5 a time, it will need to sell 1,850 extra tickets (over and above the 500 that have already gone cheap).

With 500 people claiming the discount, the initiative will only be profitable if the crowd gets up to 7,000.

If 1,000 regular attenders wangle an £18.50 discount, the break-even point is reached only when the crowd reaches 8,850 - which is MORE THAN THE CAPACITY IN THE HOME AREAS.

It'll be nice to get some more people into a game, but I can't see this scheme doing anything but lose money.

It's what the fans want. We have already established the best system (in any given situation) is the one that appeals to most of the loudest complainers. So this what we get.

We can now sit back and let the STH sell this one out though, can't we?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've purchased two for use by a fellow NSC member, who woke me up when texting me to ask if I could get them for him.

He knows who he is...

;)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lord Bracknell said:

Sadly I think you are right. Most people sitting there will be people who may have gone anyway. THat said I shall be buying two tickets for people who don't go to every game, so two fivers better off. Would still rather they gave them out free to kids though.

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:

You seem to be a little anti-BHAFC (the board, not the team) at the moment, and as such have allowed it to cloud your judgement.

What you say makes sense in relation to the Rotherham game but, looking at the bigger picture, which I'd hope is what the club are trying to do, if this scheme only reels in 100 new supporters that's still an extra £2,350 a game. With seven home games remaining after Rotherham, that's potentially an extra £16,450 in the bank.

Hardly ground-breaking, but the club must be applauded for any efforts to boost funds that don't resort to cap-in-hand tactics such as the 'Alive & Kicking' fiasco.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Safeway said:
You seem to be a little anti-BHAFC (the board, not the team) at the moment, and as such have allowed it to cloud your judgement.

What you say makes sense in relation to the Rotherham game but, looking at the bigger picture, which I'd hope is what the club are trying to do, if this scheme only reels in 100 new supporters that's still an extra £2,350 a game. With seven home games remaining after Rotherham, that's potentially an extra £16,450 in the bank.

Hardly ground-breaking, but the club must be applauded for any efforts to boost funds that don't resort to cap-in-hand tactics such as the 'Alive & Kicking' fiasco.

Extra £2350 though is mitigated by potentially those who would have been paying £23.50 taking adantage of this offer. I suspect this won't make any money at all but will hopefully get some people there, and possibly make some realise that the East Stand isn't a bad view. Just hope it doesn't rain!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

Yup, that is exactly what I am doing for a couple of mates.

They normally sit in the East Stand in any case :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here