Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brilliant news!

Hugh Grant doesn't act. He just plays to type as an upper middle class twat. He must have been in some of the worst films ever.

I suppose the way I feel about him in all those Richard f***ing Curtis films is how Italian-Americans feel when they watch The Sopranos - how dare he feed everybody's absurd stereotypes? Does he have no dignity? Does he not realise the damage he is doing to our reputations? The only difference being, of course, that The Sopranos is brilliant.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Hmm. He is very very rich and has dated a string of very beautiful women though.

The bellend.

You're only jealous :p :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bhafc4eva said:
About a boy was a good film :thumbsup:

I must admit I really enjoyed that even though I went into it thinking I was going to hate it!

I can't believe it hasn't received the same hype that his other films seem to get?

I do agree that he plays the same character in all his films but there are loads of other actors like that!

Tommy Lee Jones
Adam Sandler
Jim Carrey
Steve Buscemi
Joe Pesci (with a few exceptions)
Roger Moore
Michael Madsen

I could go on...

Don't let your prejudices get in the way of a good film.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes of course he is just playing himself, but I happen to think Hugh Grant is a funny character, and therefore I find his 'acting' roles amusing as well.

I don't get why everyone has a problem with him playing the same type of character everytime, isn't that true of many of the 'great' actors. Did John Wayne play many different roles? If he did, they didn't get much coverage.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Meade's_Ball said:
John Wayne wasn't a good actor either.

Exactly, but he became a Hollywood legend and millions of people loved his films, so what's the problem? That's my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here