Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's women's team - what's going on

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They're certainly making up for lost time this season. A couple of high profile signings will really benefit the squad as a whole. Once they have their own gaff to play in, top four and European competition will be a real possibility
With all the focus on the Albion Women's potential attack with Kirby and Parris, it'll be interesting to see how they cope at the back this season.

With the exception of a truly dismal and subsequently relegated Bristol City, Albion conceded the most in the WSL - 48 goals in 22 games.

That's clearly got to improve if Albion want to get anywhere near top half, let alone higher.

Spurs finished 6th last season with 12 points more. Liverpool in 4th had 22 more points. Arsenal qualified for Europe in 3rd with 31 more points.

Even without the stadium factor, there's still a lot of work to do on the pitch as it stands. And some continuity in team manager would help too.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Didn’t realise she was 30…..!
Kirby's 31.

Plenty of experience from both of them though which one would think would have a positive effect on the younger players.

Shouldn't be too much of a factor - Christine Sinclair's still playing up front for Portland Thorns at 41.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton have signed England forward Nikita Parris on a permanent deal from Manchester United.

The 30-year-old was United's top scorer last season as they won their first Women's FA Cup trophy.

She joined United from Arsenal in August 2022 and scored 25 goals across 57 appearances for the club.

The length of Parris' contract has not been disclosed.

Brighton head coach Dario Vidosic said: "We're delighted to bring a player of Nikita's ability and experience to the club. It signals our ambition as a club.

"Nikita's record as a goalscorer speaks for itself and she will help us a lot in that regard.

"She is vastly experienced and will be an excellent role model, particularly for our young players. She is looking forward to getting stuck into a new challenge and we can't wait to start working with her ahead of our first WSL game next Saturday against Everton."

The Euro 2022 winner played in a pre-season friendly against Leicester City on Wednesday, but Parris was in Brighton on Friday to finalise the move just before the transfer deadline.

With her contract due to expire in the summer, United triggered an option clause to extend her stay by another year, knowing any interested party would need to pay a fee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdjwj1nz7weo

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I love the way the masterplan is being applied to both Men’s and Women’s teams. He won’t publicly say it but his strategy is obvious for everyone to see: Tony wants top 4 in the Premier League and the Super League. Everton are the first hit again, let’s repeat what the men’s team did.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
IMG_2397.jpeg

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Mine arrived last Thursday, and I know others got theirs last week. Might be worth contacting Supporter Services.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Seems to be a very good transfer window but I still can't see a top four finish. My, worth very little, end of season prediction.
1 Chelsea
2 City
3 Arse
4 Liverpool
5 Spurs
6 Man U
7 Brighton
8 Leicester
9 Villa
10 Everton
11 West Ham
12 Palace

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Seems to be a very good transfer window but I still can't see a top four finish. My, worth very little, end of season prediction.
1 Chelsea
2 City
3 Arse
4 Liverpool
5 Spurs
6 Man U
7 Brighton
8 Leicester
9 Villa
10 Everton
11 West Ham
12 Palace
I think that's very credible, but maybe slightly overrates Liverpool and Spurs in particular. I would think that 4th is realistic this season, but it's realistic for 5 teams. It's important we make a strong start and ultimately, the final placings will be determined by the league results without Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

Reactions: SAC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here