Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's women's team - what's going on

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Was out for a smoke so didn't see the 4-0. Good to see she got her hattrick though, was a little surprised she didn't take the penalty.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Took DFP Jr along to this one, I can say with absolute confidence that it was the best performance I’ve seen from the ladies. Losada, Olislagers and Bruna ran the show in midfield, Seike was a constant threat down the right, Pattinson overlapping down the left and Fran Kirby linking the midfield to attack was fabulous to watch. No more pointless balls down the channel for the headless Robinson to run into, everything seemed to have purpose. VERY impressed.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Took DFP Jr along to this one, I can say with absolute confidence that it was the best performance I’ve seen from the ladies. Losada, Olislagers and Bruna ran the show in midfield, Seike was a constant threat down the right, Pattinson overlapping down the left and Fran Kirby linking the midfield to attack was fabulous to watch. No more pointless balls down the channel for the headless Robinson to run into, everything seemed to have purpose. VERY impressed.
Couldn’t agree more.

I try to get along to the WSL games when I can as broad field is an easy 15 min drive from home. Today was probably my 10th match and by far the best performance I’ve seen.

Lots of good passing out from the back, good high press and Kirby, Bruna and Seike are levelling up signings.

I wanted to see Kirby in action as she is the only English player I’ve seen who has actually won a major international performance and she didn’t disappoint. I wasn’t even really aware of Seike but now I’ve seen another Japanese player shine for the albion.

Away from the pitch, if you suffer from that strange disorder called ‘Withdean Nostalgia’, it’s actually really nice getting your refreshments from a van, having a pint in the supporters bar and being able to move around the stadium.

WSL has retained a little of what corporate men’s football has lost.

If this proves to be a stronger season for the women I hope we can get the attendances up a little to help attract more players.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Couldn’t agree more.

I try to get along to the WSL games when I can as broad field is an easy 15 min drive from home. Today was probably my 10th match and by far the best performance I’ve seen.

Lots of good passing out from the back, good high press and Kirby, Bruna and Seike are levelling up signings.

I wanted to see Kirby in action as she is the only English player I’ve seen who has actually won a major international performance and she didn’t disappoint. I wasn’t even really aware of Seike but now I’ve seen another Japanese player shine for the albion.

Away from the pitch, if you suffer from that strange disorder called ‘Withdean Nostalgia’, it’s actually really nice getting your refreshments from a van, having a pint in the supporters bar and being able to move around the stadium.

WSL has retained a little of what corporate men’s football has lost.

If this proves to be a stronger season for the women I hope we can get the attendances up a little to help attract more players.
Yup. Thoughts and prayers to the lot that decided to watch Chelsea stomp West Ham instead. They don't understand what they missed.

Very much feels like the start of a new era. Extremely promising.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
What's the parking situation at Crawley?
If coming from the south, leave the 23 at pease pottage, follow signs for broad field, just after the first set of lights there is a ‘match day parking’ sign on the left.

Then you are into a trading estate and most of the car parks are free to park in. A bit like the uni of Sussex parking but free and on a smaller scale.

I got there 25 mins before kick off and most of the marked spaces had gone but at least 20 spots left for considerate parkers.

2 min walk to the stadium.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
If coming from the south, leave the 23 at pease pottage, follow signs for broad field, just after the first set of lights there is a ‘match day parking’ sign on the left.

Then you are into a trading estate and most of the car parks are free to park in. A bit like the uni of Sussex parking but free and on a smaller scale.

I got there 25 mins before kick off and most of the marked spaces had gone but at least 20 spots left for considerate parkers.

2 min walk to the stadium.
Alternatively, if you head back towards the A23 with the K2 on your left, there is a trading estate a few hundred yards up on the left which is for matchday too.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Absolutely loved being back watching that with the wife, daughter and her mate. Such a lovely family day out. Gutted we had to give the season tickets up due to Sunday grassroots.
They deserve to have a bigger following than just a few thousand.
Definitely going to get to as many as we can.
Daughter over the moon with her picture with Kirby. 💕

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Loved it today. First time at Broadfield but I've seen them at the Amex and Withdean. What a performance - could easily have had six or seven.
Seike was clearly the star, not just for her goals, she was a constant threat (she won't be with us for long), she linked up well with Kirby too. I was really impressed with Cankovic when she came on - really started running the show: a very impressive cameo.

But the whole experience was good. The free bus to the ground was efficient and I had a pint before the game. I'll definitely try to get back when they're on Saturday

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Loved it today. First time at Broadfield but I've seen them at the Amex and Withdean. What a performance - could easily have had six or seven.
Seike was clearly the star, not just for her goals, she was a constant threat (she won't be with us for long), she linked up well with Kirby too. I was really impressed with Cankovic when she came on - really started running the show: a very impressive cameo.

But the whole experience was good. The free bus to the ground was efficient and I had a pint before the game. I'll definitely try to get back when they're on Saturday
I tuned in mainly for Cankovic and got disappointed to see her on the bench (but certainly worked out well anyway!)

She's technically fantastic and a really, really good playmaker. Just really slow but she'd be too good for Brighton otherwise.

Both lots of quality and depth in this side. Top 4 should be a real possibility but I don't really know what the other teams have done over the summer, maybe others have improved a lot as well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Both lots of quality and depth in this side. Top 4 should be a real possibility but I don't really know what the other teams have done over the summer, maybe others have improved a lot as well.
If you give that Guardian's Women Football Weekly podcast episode that I mentioned the other day (that you sent in a question to :lol: ) a listen you'll get a full preview of all the teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here