Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's New Manager

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have heard that Dick Knight already has an agreement with another manager to take over. The man in question?

Iain Dowie

Not a bad choice...

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This came from a different source - and i don't know the reliability. A friend of mine whose father is appearently friends with DK. Can't vouch for it - but hey, where else you gunna post rumours?! :)

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's working on a non-contract basis - his choice, for this kind of eventuality. Oldham would have no choice. Dowie even came out in public and said he wanted the West Ham job!

His performance in very difficult circumstances has been outstanding this season! He is one of the best young managers in the game.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If the worst happens then Dowie would be a good choice. Kinnear was on silly money at Luton and Cotterill would mean that Knight is going to spend a lot of time watching the ball being hoofed up to him. I guess the only problem with bringing anyone in is they are going to have to work with the current coaching staff and not sure Kinnear would be happy with that.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I hope you are wrong on your other thread Weezle, where you say SC IS going.
But if you are right, then I hope you are also right on this one.

Dowie would be an excellent choice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dowie would be ideal, has contacts and knows this division. What's more he wants away. I'd be very happy personally.

helga

Aug 8, 2003
Dowie sounds good and I have heard this too from a different source. Although I have also heard that Knight approach the Mansfield manager...Keith Curle. ???

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Why are we scraping around for what are essentially lower league managers like Kinnear, Dowie and Cotterill when there are many more established people around with top flight experience. Peter Reid springs to mind. Sunderland are Div 1, Leeds might well be and we have as good a chance as anyone of being next season.

Are we just "afraid" of people of this calibre turning us down or walking out at the end of the season. After all the managerial turn over couldn't be much worse than it already is.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
apparently svens are next manager ...... i should really stop listening to rumours :lol:

helga

Aug 8, 2003
DK always goes for horses for courses.

He will appoint someone who has had success in Div two or three.

Peter Reid does not fit this category.

All previous appointments, with the exception of the internal disasters have fitted this bill.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bromley shrimp said:
Why are we scraping around for what are essentially lower league managers like Kinnear, Dowie and Cotterill when there are many more established people around with top flight experience.
Are we just "afraid" of people of this calibre turning us down or walking out at the end of the season. After all the managerial turn over couldn't be much worse than it already is.

It's beeter to have young up and coming managers who already have experience behind them as they are more hungry - al la Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Ronnie Moore, Steve Cotterill, Alan Pardew, Iain Dowie than ones on their way down such as Peter Reid, John Gregory, Brian Little etc - this has been proven at Brighton over the last few years.

On that list we've got a chance for Dowie or Cotterill and i hope Dick does his level best to get one of the two! :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here