Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's New Ground 1990

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Dont know if this has been posted before but i did some searching in my loft and came up with this!!

new ground.jpg

ScannedImage.jpg

ScannedImage-4.jpg

ScannedImage-5.jpg

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just goes to show how life has moved on. Falmer will piss all over that! Anyone got the pictures of what Bamber planned to build. I seem to recall it being a bigger american bowl shape to be put in the hole at Beeding?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ray Bloom "the future is bleak". Wise words, and yet he still sat there for too long whilst Archer and Stanley got their crooked hands on our beloved club. I bet in hidnsight he wished he had spoken out and told us what was really happening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"...parking for 5,000 cars." - a vision of what might have been, if we still had a visionary leading the way to Falmer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Ray Bloom "the future is bleak". Wise words, and yet he still sat there for too long whilst Archer and Stanley got their crooked hands on our beloved club. I bet in hidnsight he wished he had spoken out and told us what was really happening.

...but a Bloom came to the rescue, so not all bad!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where is Sue Huffer now? In 1990 she said "I am disappointed there is no firm timetable". She must be right f***ed off now 19 years later!!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
"I am not happy it will be all seater, and I'm sure other fans will feel the same way".

This is why I keep ALL old magazines and newspaper and whatnot, so in 19 years time you can look back and read these sorts of quotes and realise how different our game has become.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am still not too sure what to make of Ray Bloom staying on. Was it a case of 'Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer'? Did he jump ship when he was certain that the fans were not going to forgive and forget about it? His family had/have a long association with the club, so perhaps he thought he might be able to salvage something?

Hmmm... Sue Huffer?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
...but a Bloom came to the rescue, so not all bad!

Weirdly in the twilight zone of Friday night I forgot that!!!!!

Bloom we love you, and your uncle ain't that bad really.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Mr. Bloom said. "Unless a site can be found soon the future is bleak. But my nephew is showing signs of being very good at Snap when I play him, so we have big hopes he will develop a taste for card playing. Maybe the future is not so bleak after all, fingers crossed."

Wow.Who'd have thought it. :bowdown:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mr. Bloom said. "Unless a site can be found soon the future is bleak. But my nephew is showing signs of being very good at Snap when I play him, so we have big hopes he will develop a taste for card playing. Maybe the future is not so bleak after all, fingers crossed."

Wow.Who'd have thought it. :bowdown:

".....And my mate Greg is coming round to hang up some wallpaper later. He may need a hand so he's bringing his friend Bill. Ooh look there is that nice David Bellotti MP on the telly again. I wonder if he'll be PM in 17 years time or one of the most hated men in Sussex's history?"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
".....And my mate Greg is coming round to hang up some wallpaper later. He may need a hand so he's bringing his friend Bill. Ooh look there is that nice David Bellotti MP on the telly again. I wonder if he'll be PM in 17 years time or one of the most hated men in Sussex's history?"

All this shit just because he could get wallpaper at a discount? :cry:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That picture is proper old skool. None of this CAD computer bollocks in the 90s, a nice watercolour is much more pleasing to the eye :thumbsup:

I wonder who painted it. They could've just got any local artist and asked them to paint a picture of a random football ground.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
"...parking for 5,000 cars." - a vision of what might have been, if we still had a visionary leading the way to Falmer.

How times change. How long would it have taken to get out of a car park with 5000 cars I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here