Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Looking at the Donny forum (they think the boy's a bit special) they seem to think he'll be out of contract in the summer too, and presumably free to sign wherever he likes as a free agent. Surely we can't be happy with this if we did indeed pay anything like the amount we were rumoured to pay for him? If we haven't extended his contract, we would seem to have made a mighty costly balls up.

Hoping that #AZGull will be along in a minute to re-assure us!

I am pretty sure we will have an option for a further year.

But if we don't, and he does indeed leave at the end of his contract, I believe we would be due compensation from whichever club he ends up signing for as he's under 21.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorBHAFC
·
4m
Former Man City midfielder Taylor Richards is flying on loan to Doncaster.
He scored his third goal in as many games yesterday (five in the last nine). #BHAFC
“Depending on how well I do this season, hopefully, we can get something done (new contract).”

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Anyone know what’s happened to Hayden Roberts at Rochdale?
Been on unused for sub for the last three Dale games.
I bet the dad is not happy his boy is not starting games...!!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
They had let in a heck of lot of goals. This seems to have been sorted since he was dropped

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Molumby dropped again tonight. Really hasn't been a happy loan at a very inconsistent PNE. Can't help but feel he's been treated a little poorly.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Molumby dropped again tonight. Really hasn't been a happy loan at a very inconsistent PNE. Can't help but feel he's been treated a little poorly.

They've got to pick the team the manager feels will win them the game though. It's up to Jayson to prove to him he's undroppable

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They've got to pick the team the manager feels will win them the game though. It's up to Jayson to prove to him he's undroppable

Undoubtedly true.
It is an opportunity for him.
However, after last years very successful loan he asked for either a) more chance in the first team squad or b) a loan. He was, first half of the season, given neither. I just feel that if you need someone to run around like a maniac for 20 minutes because Gross is tired, or Mac has been kicked off the pitch, there is nobody in the squad more suited to that than Molumby. he could've been really integrated. But we seem reluctant to do that. Seems a little like either you play or you go out on loan here, but if you're an inbetweener, a little like a Connolly now, you get absolutely no chance.

Guess it just depends what your ethos is. For me, looking at Palace, why not give Connolly a chance instead of Ali J, or why not play Moder instead of Lallana (who despite being neat has offered nothing in an Albion shirt)? Same in any game.
We get a lot right at this club, but i do feel our squad is currently so bloated those players somewhere between the first team and the U23s are getting slightly blocked by dross.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone know what’s happened to Hayden Roberts at Rochdale?
Been on unused for sub for the last three Dale games.
I bet the dad is not happy his boy is not starting games...!!

Some negative stuff on the Rochdale forum - not as positive as when he first arrived there and played his first few games. So it seems a funny time to publish that very positive article about his loan on the Albion website.
Interesting to see what happens next.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Undoubtedly true.
However, after last years very successful loan he asked for either a) more chance in the first team squad or b) a loan. He was, first half of the season, given neither. I just feel that if you need someone to run around like a maniac for 20 minutes because Gross is tired, or Mac has been kicked off the pitch, there is nobody in the squad more suited to that than Molumby. he could've been really integrated. But we seem reluctant to do that. Seems a little like either you play or you go out on loan here, but if you're an inbetweener, a little like a Connolly now, you get absolutely no chance.

Guess it just depends what your ethos is. For me, looking at Palace, why not give Connolly a chance instead of Ali J, or why not play Moder instead of Lallana (who despite being neat has offered nothing in an Albion shirt)? Same in any game.
We get a lot right at this club, but i do feel our squad is currently so bloated those players somewhere between the first team and the U23s are getting slightly blocked by dross.

Agree with everything you say

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Some negative stuff on the Rochdale forum - not as positive as when he first arrived there and played his first few games. So it seems a funny time to publish that very positive article about his loan on the Albion website.
Interesting to see what happens next.

Wasn't he the fan's player of the month in November?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I didn't know that but it wouldn't surprise me - he was getting glowing reports last year.

Yep he was getting great reviews early on playing on the left of a three and at left back. It's by no means been a disaster.
We should be wary of being too excited by hype generated by his father IMHO. He has no more right to be a success than anyone else contracted to our club.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Undoubtedly true.

Completely agree. Would sooner play Connolly / Zequiri / Moder / or any other promising young player over Lallana or Welbeck any day.

Lallana and Welbs are signed to be “now” players on the pitch. That’s fine, but if they’re not performing at that level (or worse) I’d sooner use the time to develop our up and coming players. Connolly doesn’t get enough game time anymore and Moder and Zequiri looked excellent against Leicester but not seen since.

If anyone thinks this is being ageist, I’d point out that Gross has been sensational in his new role this season and impressed the heck out of me. Ditto Veltman who has been outstanding.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Completely agree. Would sooner play Connolly / Zequiri / Moder / or any other promising young player over Lallana or Welbeck any day.

Lallana and Welbs are signed to be “now” players on the pitch. That’s fine, but if they’re not performing at that level (or worse) I’d sooner use the time to develop our up and coming players. Connolly doesn’t get enough game time anymore and Moder and Zequiri looked excellent against Leicester but not seen since.

If anyone thinks this is being ageist, I’d point out that Gross has been sensational in his new role this season and impressed the heck out of me. Ditto Veltman who has been outstanding.

Gross has been incredible and is, IMHO, one of THE Albion legends.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Undoubtedly true.

Treated poorly? He cant play just because he likes to play, that goes for both in Brighton and in Preston. Show in training that you are good enough and you'll get the chance. Be worse than others in training, others play. Funny with the "but if you're an inbetweener" part as I swear it was only a month or two ago people were loudly moaning about "tinkering" and the lack of a "best starting eleven".

Connolly got 11 hours of league football this season. When he is playing, a lot of people think he is shit. When he isnt playing, a lot of people think he needs to play. The reality of it is that he is probably not yet good enough to start every game and that 11 hours of football is more than he could have hoped for in most clubs.

I didnt agree with the Ali J sub either but I guarantee that under any manager in any season there's going to be a couple of sub decisions people disagree on. It also wouldnt surprise me even a little bit that if Connolly had came on and missed a chance or ****ed up a pass, people would go "why not give Ali J / Zeq / Tau a chance?". Same if any of these ****ed up. "Zeq was useless, why play with a Swiss div 2 forward when you have Connolly / Ali J / Tau?" or Tau, "he showed nothing in the games he played in, why not make another sub?". People are only going to be happy if the sub is successful, like if Ali J had scored on that blocked chance - then it would have been a genius move and his fumbling on the sidelines would have been forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here