Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton's Best Pub

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hove place is a good pub. not eaten there but good beer, and a great beer garden :drink:

Nice pub, but I received an irate text from a mate there last week who'd just been charged £8.10 for a pint of Fosters and a glass of white wine.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Nice pub, but I received an irate text from a mate there last week who'd just been charged £8.10 for a pint of Fosters and a glass of white wine.

he must have been overcharged?! i've never paid more than 3 pound a pint in there

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Im currently very much into the Hanover. Great food, nice garden, good range of beers.

I cant actually think of a pub IN brighton that actually has a grass beer garden

there are many nice pubs in hanover, the geese being a personal favourite. steak night on a thursday, treat night more like, followed by 1.70 pints in king and queen and 1.50 pints in casablanca.. happy days

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£8.10 for a pint of Lager and a glass of wine is not too bad as most lager is about £3 and a glass of wine is usually about £5.00 as most glasses are 250ml (1/3rd bottle)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not as good as it was when Jim and Heather ran it and it was called The Springfield.

I have only known it as The Open House. How/why was it better. I really like it now, must have been pretty special back in the day.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I rather like The Victory. :drink:

D

Deleted User X18H

Dyke Road Tavern.............and seriously The Crown and Anchor are the best in my hood!!!! The Station (Preston Park) can be a bit American Werewolf in London 'you made me miss that board' if yopu know what I mean!!!!!!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I live eight doors down from what was The Racehorse, and now renamed the Bib & Tucker.

Not so much improved, but changed beyond belief, and a smashing pint of Adams too. Also the Hartington is about to change ownership, so I will venture down there too.

However, favorite boozer. The Duke of Wellington, by the station, and still a ten minute walk from home, and the 81 back to the front door.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Within 10minutes walk of my house I've got the Battle of Trafalgar (nice beer and garden), The Yeoman (terrific food), Evening Star (terrific beer), The Albert (the best place to watch live music in the city), The Nelson (Harveys!!!), The Great Eastern (just a damn nice pub), The Basketmakers (lives up to the hype, terrific beer and great simple reasonably priced pub food).

I quite like the pubs in Brighton.:drink:

These are all great (esp. The Yeoman)! I'd add my local The Caxton (just along the road from The Evening Star) to this list. Really nice place to go and chill out after work. Oh, and they serve Orangeboom!:bowdown:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dyke Road Tavern.............and seriously The Crown and Anchor are the best in my hood!!!! The Station (Preston Park) can be a bit American Werewolf in London 'you made me miss that board' if yopu know what I mean!!!!!!

I spent a great deal of my youth in The Dyke Road Tavern. If you can get past the sticky floors, filthy toilets, unfriendly patronage and poor selection of beverages, then it is a cracking place.

It may have changed. I haven't visited since early 2000 after an altercation with a 'yokel'. I guess you would have been frequenting pubs in lesser areas back then, so I don't expect you have very high standards. :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Park View's got a lot better since its new studenty-type bar-staff moved in. VERY nice range of beers, wines and spirits. Not that you can get served for ponces ordering food, mind.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
The Park View's got a lot better since its new studenty-type bar-staff moved in. VERY nice range of beers, wines and spirits. Not that you can get served for ponces ordering food, mind.

shit roast dinner though

I quite like the wick for a night out, the hampton for a midweek beer and he ranelagh in kemp town for a sunday afternoon pimms in the sun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here