Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Plymouth

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Butters was also shite-hopelessly short on pace and his distribution is rubbish. He was left for dead when Plymouth should have scored a third were it not for that greedy twat who decided to shoot instead of laying it off to his team-mate in a much easier scoring position.

It's still way too early to go into panic mode but the warning signs are there. We need Chippy and Charlie back a.s.a.p.-yes, Charlie! Harding looks vulnerable as did Virgo tonight. Jake has promise but doesn't look quite ready yet.

Currie? Hart should have replaced him in the first half-clearly fat and unfit. Nicolas? I thought he looked one of our better players, was up for the job and showed some good touches

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
4-5-1 at home V one of the weaker teams?? Have a word.

Currie = Shit

Mayo = Shit

Nicolas = Shit (did improve slightly)

Kuipers = Kept it down to two

Defence = shaky, nervous

Midfield = Lost

Molango = Ran his gonads off in the wilderness

Jarrett = Real live wire

Ref & linesmen = Shit

:(

Can't wait for Coventry & Wigan away..............:rolleyes:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The ref was shocking. But we were worse. Even with a better ref we would have lost.

Plymouth outplayed us and we were deserved winners. All the more frustrating as against a fellow promoted side at home, I had hoped we could have played much better and secured a win.

But as a unit and individually we were poor. What worried me most was that in the first half, there were a couple of times that they created chances and we got nowhere near them.

Hopefully there will be a big improvement on Saturday.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think people are being a little harsh. We had shown enough to suggest that we could get back into the game prior to the penalty decision. Losing Harding and a goal a few minutes before half time was always going to make it difficult for a side missing several key players to come back into the match. Apart from Currie, who isn't match fit, we didn't have any experienced midfielders or forwards on the pitch until the last fifteen minutes of the game. The boys battled hard to get something out of the game, but it was too much to ask.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets call a spade a spade, we were complete and total rubbish, crap a shambles in fact. It was the worst, most disorganised home performance I can remember.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Gareth Glover said:
Lets call a spade a spade, we were complete and total rubbish, crap a shambles in fact. It was the worst, most disorganised home performance I can remember.

Um, Kidderminster Harriers..., Bristol City...., and we didn't have players sent off in those games.

;)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Kuipers a huge positive.

Clearly a confidence player (remember the half time substitution at southend a few seasons back)

Looked terrible at Reading but much better last night.

Thought he was going to take the linesman out with a Dutch marine combat move when the pen was awarded. Passion. Well done FDM.

Albie should play 90 mins, Jonah to left back, the rest nowt special.

At least we're in this division as opposed to mid table League 1.

:glare:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Bwian said:
Butters was also shite-hopelessly short on pace and his distribution is rubbish.

I bit harsh but I can see what you're getting at.

I thought he'd put on a few pounds again during the summer break, although it may be that the new shirt is less flattering to the figure

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here