Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Palace violence: Brighton and Hove Divisional Commander speaks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and this. There is a reason why millwall/west ham was a midday k/o for example.

Yet we are playing/played both those sides, along with Cardiff, Leeds and Palace at night!

Villa and Birmingham played each other at night a few seasons back (Sky). That was soon stopped!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Why is a midday KO a good idea? A pint or two on the concourses while you wait. Back in Brighton at 3pm. With 10 hours plus to drink and cause trouble/running battles in the city and for all the shoppers/day trippers etc.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't particularly care whether the police got it right or not. They're not to blame for morons who want trouble. Every copper I encountered last night was nothing but friendly and yet even from some of the non-violent fans they were getting aggression...'why can't I go here', 'why have I got to wait' etc

The answer seemed self-evident to me. Because they were trying to make sure everyone got home safely.

We're a long way from the days when the police attitude exacerbated the situation, so why can't people show them just a bit of respect for the job they're trying to do. I'm sure they'll review the way things were handled and make improvements in the same way that every other aspect of the stadium's operation should get better as the season goes on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here