Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Draw the homes and win the aways is promotion form:clap::clap:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
you've never been to withers have you?! got more chance of creating an atmosphere around a new planet than you have at that shithole!
I've been to matches at Withdean where the crowd has managed to get going. Evening matches have generally been better than Saturdays.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
quite glad i didnt go as by the sounds of things we were gash

beer on the terraces at burgess hill and entertaining football :clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Dire, no off the all movement, in fact not much movement from the team at all today. Yes it was hot, and it's still early in the season to be really match fit, but it just was dire.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Anything apart from a thrashing of Northampton on Tuesday will mean another crap attendance at Withdean when we play against sCUNThorpe. Another 2 points dropped at home , why dont the fans create an atmosphere FFS ? , sounded like a morgue , listening on the radio apart from some booing at the final whistle.

because when people start the stewards are straight over making sure people sit down and shut up

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well, just got in and that was the worst game of the season so far. Admittedly have only seen that and the Bristol Rovers game so it was a close call. First half was soul destroying. Kuipers spending most of the time trying to kick the ball to the other keeper. Having said that, without him (and some poor finishing) we would have lost by a mile.

Robinson must now have drunk his final orange juice at the last chance saloon. If ever a player needed to impress a manager it was Robinson and he carried on where he left off the last time he played. No ideas about what to do, not enough pace to get past the full back. Someone commented that he had lost a yard of pace! Christ, he is only 22/23. What will he be like when he's 30!!!! Bold move by Adams to take both Livermore and Cox off. In hindsight perhaps I would have giving Cox 10mins in the second half to see whether MclLeod influence may have bucked him up.

Virgo is not a midfield player. He runs around like a headless chicken and tackles recklessly. If he continues in that position he will end up getting sent off and was lucky not to have done so today. I suspect Loft will get his chance on Tuesday and we'll have to see if he can grasp it.

Can't wait for Saturday, Scunthorpe at home. They didn't get a good result today did they!!!!!!!!!!!

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
well dull first half... rode our luck but had some chances so 0-0 was probabaly the right result. My radio ratings:

Kuipers 8 good saves and no mistakes
Whing 6 not much
Elphick6
Hawkins 7 not bad
Richards 6 awful first half better second
Cox 5 nothing
Livermore 5 nothing
Thompson 6 so-so
Virgo 6 so so
Murray 6 wasnt given much service but didnt rise above the dross
Forster 8 considering he didnt have much service in the first made himself a nuisance

Subs:
Mcleod 7 good second half but missed the chance to win
Robinson 6.5 hustle andf bustle but not much else
Loft - ? two key passes but no on long enough

Richards was MOM so how he get a 6 and Robinson 6.5

Goldstone NS87

Aug 30, 2008
Considering the players they had out with injury and we were home and they are mid table I dont call that a good performance.

Yes we are unbeaten and i know that we usually lose to Crewe and we did a good job...but they are expected to be mid table at best this season....and I know we did well at Southend..but again they are not going for promotion this year either...

For me its not convincing enough to be thinking 'oh hello! we could do something this season.'

However if we beat a couple of good top teams then perhaps we can say we are doing a MAN UTD....scraping good results against the lower teams and beating the best the league has to offer. But if we lose to the good teams...I am going to get worried about our chances.

Early view of season: Concerned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here