Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHTON vs Cheltenham - player ratings

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6 apart from Hammond 7. Ref 3. Crowd 4.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Henderson - 7- Solid, good handling from deep crosses.
Whing 6 - Good performance, apart from one near mistake after being moved to CB
Hinshelwood 8 - Very solid, great last ditch tackle near the end. Hope the injury isn't too serious.
Lynch 7 - Good performance, best I've seen him play for a little while.
Rents 6 - Played well, didn't get forward enough yesterday I don't think.
Cox - 6 - Wasn't really in the game much today.
Hammond 7 - Took his goal and penalty well, a bit quiet before that though.
Mayo 6 - well played sir, great assist for first goal.
Fraser 4 - Very average I think. Not good enough to play on the right wing.
Revell 6.5 - Worked his socks off for 90 minutes.
Robinson 6 - Great link up with Revell to win the penalty, a bit quiet otherwise.

Ref 5 - Not too bad, happy because I didn't think he would have given the pen.

Fans 7

"The Gaffer" (or what they called him) 8 - Funny as ever, hilarious conversations with the other bald man in h block and the stewards.

"HINEY" (or whatever was on the back of his shirt) 9 - Sang his heart out for all of 90 minutes. Well played that man.

2 drunk men behind us - 10 - Hilarious ...

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Right i'll have a go based on two differentials that need to be taken into account. firstly i had ti keep asking who was who! and secondly had slightly impaired "Fosters" sight, to add to being blind as a bat antway

henderson. 7
whing 6 solid but distribution was disappointing
hinsh 7 seemed solid to me
lynch 6 average
rents 6 average
cox 6 was told he was pretty quiet compared to recent but looked lively
hammond 8 i was impressed by him
mayo 7 again i was well pleased with him, some postings gave me impression it was passed his time
frazer 5 not overly involved
revell 6 huffed and puffed but little else though to be fair he wasnt getting great service especially in first half
jakie 6 was disappointed, bit light weight on the night

john 7. wish he had started because i felt he pulled there defenders well and they definately saw him as a danger

so thats it. fans 10 cos was made so welcome and ref 6

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Race said:
but has coxy ever had impotence? 1-1 methinks

If he did then it would explain his drop in form:lolol:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: BRIGHTON vs Cheltenham - player ratings

Silent Bob said:
When someone kicks your team mate while he is lying on the ground it does tend to piss you off.

I had a perfect view of this incident and the guy did not kick out. He left his foot in but at no point did his foot move at all, fair enough to kick off and try get the player booked but for Henderson to run out and get involved and get himself booked was totally unneccasery.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can't believe the ref is escaping criticism. Last man brought Revell down, should have been red card.

The decisions on some things were bizarre, the incident where the players got invovled was because Hinsh was punched and trodden on, Cheltenham player should have gone.

I don't want players sent off, but for me it was blatant.

The linesman was also the worst I've seen for years - scared to make a decision.

In terms of ratings, wouldn't disagree with most of the ratings, though thought Mayo had a better game than he is being given credit for....

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
One Teddy Maybank said:

The decisions on some things were bizarre, the incident where the players got invovled was because Hinsh was punched and trodden on, Cheltenham player should have gone.

I don't want players sent off, but for me it was blatant.

From where I was sat it looked like we did well to draw attention to a very minor incident and minor reaction for the Cheltenham player and get him booked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here