Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Barnet

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
No changes from the weekend win at Crewe.

Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers; Whing, Elphick, Hawkins, Richards; Cox, Thomson, Virgo, McLeod; Forster, Murray. Subs: Livermore, Hart, Fraser, Robinson, Lynch, Mayo, Sullivan (GK).

Barnet: (4-4-2) Beckwith; Carew, Yakubu, Devera, Gillet; Adomah, Porter, Bishop, Tabiri; Birchall, Medley. Subs: Harrison (GK) Leary, Akurang, St Aimie, Hart, Charles, Taj.

Referee: Roger East

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
First the good news

Some of you will know I have been working with Paul Camillin to get the Seagulls World commentary sorted, so it goes without a hitch.

In the past, commentary sometimes did not start till 2 minutes to kick off. When problems occurred, people at the match were under pressure to get it sorted while the game was on.

A recommendation has been put to the BBC and Perform (SW) that the broadcast should be targeted to start 30 minutes before kick off, giving everyone a chance to resolve problems at a more leisurely pace.

Tonight the SW commentary is up and working at 7.15 :clap::clap:

rauper

Jan 9, 2007
Hove
there's at least a couple hundred of us queuing to pick up tickets. And they only have one person handing them out (normally two which is slow too). Wonder if we're gonna get in on time (note: we're not). Happy new season everyone!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No changes from the weekend win at Crewe.

Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers; Whing, Elphick, Hawkins, Richards; Cox, Thomson, Virgo, McLeod; Forster, Murray. Subs: Livermore, Hart, Fraser, Robinson, Lynch, Mayo, Sullivan (GK).

Barnet: (4-4-2) Beckwith; Carew, Yakubu, Devera, Gillet; Adomah, Porter, Bishop, Tabiri; Birchall, Medley. Subs: Harrison (GK) Leary, Akurang, St Aimie, Hart, Charles, Taj.

Referee: Roger East

A keeper on the subs bench? There's a novel idea!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
First the good news

Some of you will know I have been working with Paul Camillin to get the Seagulls World commentary sorted, so it goes without a hitch.

In the past, commentary sometimes did not start till 2 minutes to kick off. When problems occurred, people at the match were under pressure to get it sorted while the game was on.

A recommendation has been put to the BBC and Perform (SW) that the broadcast should be targeted to start 30 minutes before kick off, giving everyone a chance to resolve problems at a more leisurely pace.

Tonight the SW commentary is up and working at 7.15 :clap::clap:

Yep......mine is working fine...........:clap2::clap:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There is a great willingness from BHA to listen to suggestions that will improve the service for us fans.

My experience has been that the BBC support team have often let the side down by forgetting to push buttons, or in the case of the last game giving us the bloody wrong game (Woking).

SW often get the bad press but to be fair it is not all their fault and we have a good man on the inside helping.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mine was on half hour before KO as well .........oh joy and good work Uncle C

and we have just scored
yessssssssssssssss

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
big score tonight lads

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
f***ing yessssssssssssss!!

Lets go goal crazy tonight boys!!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
F*** it - missed the goal since the commentary is spending all the time buffering. Listening to the Barnet commentary now - no problem with that. Anyone else having problems?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Watching all those shots hit the bar/post on Saturday, it wouldn't be a surprise if someone gets a kicking early on in this season. I almost hope it's saved for the league and not "wasted" on the league cup.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I hope those 200 fans queing to get their tickets got in on time :nono:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can A Mod Merge The Two Threads?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here