Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Barnet

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
If Virgo plays well and scores against Bristol, with either El-Abd or Livermore doing well in Central Mid, then its possible Murray will find himself on the bench against Southend...

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
did you see it?

seriously, get a grip, fining him would unsettle him and make him feel he is being singled out
only fine when it starts to affect the team or the results
mickey will just talk to him and say what he wants from him

no i didnt, but kicking a ball away is just plain stupid, sounds completely immature and he needs too be punished thats what happens you effing goon

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Sent.

2nd yellow for kicking the ball away.

When we're 4-0 up.

In injury time.

Against 10 men.

What. a. dick.

Good result by the rest of the team. Bet Robinson's happy - he's got his chance at first team to prove his worth.

At least now Adams is in charge, he will sort Murray out, I wouldnt want to be him right now!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
no i didnt, but kicking a ball away is just plain stupid, sounds completely immature and he needs too be punished thats what happens you effing goon

He didn't kick it on purpose - it was a result of Restless Leg Syndrone

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I wonder if it had been Tommy Elphick kicking the ball away whether there would have been such venom directed towards him for it...

Granted, if he kicked the ball away then it was a silly thing to do, players make mistakes and hopefully come back better from them - Adams is the sort of manager to bring that out.

There just seems to be a "jump on Murray" culture on here and people ready and waiting to see him fail... maybe you should all work for the tabloids...

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if it had been Tommy Elphick kicking the ball away whether there would have been such venom directed towards him for it...

I am a big Murray fan, one of the best players in the team in my opinion however I don't think Elphick would be that stupid. Unless he gets sent off for an equally stupid reason, then don't even compare the two...

Granted, if he kicked the ball away then it was a silly thing to do, players make mistakes and hopefully come back better from them - Adams is the sort of manager to bring that out.

There just seems to be a "jump on Murray" culture on here and people ready and waiting to see him fail... maybe you should all work for the tabloids...

Well said that man.

Get a grip the rest of you. We all make mistakes and frustration gets the better of you at times. Seems to me that the Murray/Forster act is working well - Murray being the foil. Mellor/Ward springs to mind.

Leave Murray alone and let him get on with it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I have no axe to grind with Murray. I'd have had exactly the same reaction if it'd been Forster. Given the circumstances, it was a MONUMENTALLY bone-headed sending off, and its had a detrimental effect on the side for Saturday.

I want Murray in the TEAM not in the STANDS.

Last edited:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I think this is the problem with the lack of back up in the forward department. A player like Elphick is fighting for his place, and if he gets sent off and misses a game, he may find himself out the team.

Murray's place in the team is a given, and he will know he will slot back in against Southend, which in my opinion is bad.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
with those sorts of sendings off, it really doesn't matter who the player is, it is more the WAY the player is sent off, ie. kicking the ball away...no excuse

I have no axe to grind with Murray. I'd have had exactly the same reaction if it'd been Forster. Given the circumstances, it was a MONUMENTALLY bone-headed sending off, and its had a detrimental effect on the side for Saturday.

I want Murray in the TEAM not in the STANDS.

That sums up exactly how I feel about the incident. Whoever it was deserves a bollocking supreme and, like you, I want Murray playing not watching from the North Stand.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sounds from this thread that Murray was wound up badly by the Barnet team. It's no excuse - but it happens some times. It gets to you. He had the number ripped off his back ffs.

Yes - he's a fool to kick the ball away. He'll know that already - MA will make it very clear in case he failed to grasp it. He'll come back motivated and the team ethic will be stronger for it because they'll all have been reminded that it's a team game under Micky.

Not ideal - esp since I'm going on Saturday and wanted to see him play again - but may not be a disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here