Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v VicsPart II

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
5a. Pleased it was a home-tie.

5b. Sorry, I'm not in the business of predicting 5-0 massacres, with Jake Ronbinson scoring another hat-trick. You'll have to leave that kind of prediction to Sceptic Smeg.

5c. Get through this round and play Lewes away. Then it's a Harveys (local brew) partyfest.

5d. If you bring 300, I'd say 5,800. Depends on what deals the club do to get the miseries in.

5e. Probably around 300-400.

5f. Obviously 1983 stands out, beating Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle United en route. To be honest, I don't think we'll ever top that year.

6a. f***, where do you start? More worryingly, where do you end?

6b. Des Lynam, Norman Cook, Annie Nightingale, Chris Ellison (Burnside off The Bill), Norman Wisdom, Ralph Brown (the Camberwell Carrot hippie in Withnail & I), Michael Fish. Probably a few others I've forgotten.

6c. Our own anthem 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea'. The usual rivalries chants - nothing against your lot. Don't fret about hearing them though. One, we don't chant at Withdean (it's against planning regulations), and two, if we did, you'll be too far away to hear them.

6d.

6e.

6f. Not really. One thing though - 'we can see you holding hands', 'does your boyfriend know you're here?', 'do you take it up the arse?' are no longer offensive because they're so bloody tedious. By all means, let the lunkheads sing their homophobic diatribes, but at least try and make them original (it really would make our day), or you will get a retort of 'you're too ugly to be gay', 'you'll never know til you've tried it' or 'yes, my boyfriend knows I'm here.' Oh, and the ladies also retort when you sing 'what's it like to suck a cock?' with 'very nice, very nice, very niiice'. Just so as you've been warned, like.

7a. It's OK. Value for money? Probably not, but then no programmes are, really.

7b. Hang on, I'll check.

7c. Yes, Richie Morris on here is the editor, and the November edition is ready out at the next home match. Sadly, it's the November 2001 edition. (In-joke. Sorry.) Seriously, no there isn't a fanzine. They've kind of been taken over by this messageboard. Back in 1995-97, Gull's Eye was the main fanzine, and was absolutely pivotal in our fight against Bill Archer, but as I said, no fanzine now.

8a. In recent (Withdean) years, one player stands had and shoulder above everyone - Bobby Zamora. Bristol Rovers reject, but still a local God. We'll have him back when Alan Pardew tires of him. All-time Albion hero is almost certainly Peter Ward (1975-80 & 82-83). Goalscoring legend. BEST player for the Albion must be Mark Lawrenson (1977-81). But it's all subjective.

8b. Did a job for us, so we can dig him, provided you don't let him drive you home.

8c. Debatable. I would say Adam Hinshelwood at present, although Dean Cox is probably the player of the season at the moment. Most of the Albion first team are young home-grown players (11 of the current 16 are under 22 and came up through the ranks), so the team is currently going through a transitional period.

9a. www.seagulls.co.uk

9b. www.seagulls.co.uk Oh, and please don't call it 'The' Withdean. It's not called The Withdean, only retarded Sky Sports presenters call it that. It's simply 'Withdean'. Thank you.

10a. People tend to come to Brighton from outside, so its famous supporters are not necessarily natives. Max Miller is a Brighon native, mind.

10b. Manufacturing - no, not any more. It's a service and finance-industry city. American Express has its European Headquarters in Brighton, and Legal & General is based here too. The UK's second largest privately owned company is also based here - Palmer & Harvey, a food-for-cornershops supply company.

10c. AmEx is the largest private employer.

10d. Brighton fans are pretty friendly - we invented the concept of Fans United!

10e. Several claims to fame. It has a royal 'fun' palace - The Royal Pavilion, seaside home to the Prince Regent, later King George IV. As part of Hitler's invasion plans he wanted to use the Pavilion for his headquarters - keeping a German them obviously. It has the world's oldest electric railway - Volks Railway which runs along the seafront. King Charles I escaped from England in the old village of Brighthelmstone (the former name for Brighton). The IRA tried to blow up the Conservative government in 1984 by bombing the Grand Hotel on the seafront. The Body Shop and Ben Sherman opened their first shops in Brighton. There's probably more...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here