Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v VicsPart II

northwicha

Oct 29, 2006
Last lot of questions, I promise you-
5) CUP TIE
a Were you pleased to draw Northwich at home?
b What do you think the score will be?
c What are your hopes FA Cup-wise this season?
d What do you think the attendance will be (Vics MAY bring 300)?
e How many would be able to make it to Northwich (Mid-Cheshire) on a Tues night if we managed to push you to a replay?
f What are your v best FA Cup memories (can honestly say I was gutted to see Man U win)?
6) FANS
a Any eccentric/ O-T-T supporters (he says!)?
b Have you got any famous fans?
c Any original chants/ rituals?
d Who are your main rivals these days?
e Who are your rivals historically?
f Any original chants (which are `decent`)?
7) PROGRAMME
a Is it value for money?
b How many pages?
c Is there a fanzine (in print)?
8) PLAYERS
a Best players over the years?
b What did you think of Lee Steele (hero at Vics- his stepping stone into the League)?
c Who are the best players in your current squad?
9) CLUB (OFFICIAL) INFO
a What is the official B&A web site?
b Where is the best place to find `official` info (prices etc) on visiting the Withdean?
10) TOWN
a Famous people- born and bred in Brighton?
b Is there anything manufactured/ produced in the town?
c Who is the main employer? (apart from the council, NHS etc)
Vics have a humorous following which is more likely to implode than explode! Can you make assurances to say our elderly fans that there won`t be any locals lying in wait (if you get my drift)?
d What is Brighton`s claim to fame (ask me the same of Northwyche and that`ll shut me up for good!)?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
a) Were you pleased to draw Northwich at home?
ANSWER: Could have been better, could have been worse.

b) What do you think the score will be?
ANSWER: We're on a good run of form at the moment, so I'll say 3-1 in our favour.

c) What are your hopes FA Cup-wise this season?
ANSWER: 3rd round and a big-money Premiership tie, anything beyond that will be a bonus.

d) What do you think the attendance will be (Vics MAY bring 300)?
ANSWER: Probably about 4500-5000.

e) How many would be able to make it to Northwich (Mid-Cheshire) on a Tues night if we managed to push you to a replay?
ANSWER: I'd say maybe 6 or 7 hundred, we have fairly good away support usually.

b) Have you got any famous fans?
ANSWER: Des Lynam, Norman Cook (Fatboy Slim), Jamie Theakston.

c) Any original chants/ rituals?
ANSWER: "There's only 2 Kerry Mayos" (the wife of our left-back of that name has the same Christian name as he does). "Michel Kuipers, Former Dutch Marine (chef)" (to the tune of Yellow Submarine, and in relation to our Dutch goalie). "We've got Tiny Cox" (Dean Cox, one of our up-and-coming youngsters, who is rather on the short side)

d) Who are your main rivals these days?
ANSWER: Crystal Palace, Leyton Orient

e) Who are your rivals historically?
ANSWER: See above

a) Best players over the years?
ANSWER: Peter Ward, Bobby Zamora

b) What did you think of Lee Steele (hero at Vics- his stepping stone into the League)?
ANSWER: Great player, very under-rated

ANSWER: Joel Lynch, Dean Cox, Jake Robinson (all products of our youth system)

a) What is the official B&A web site?
ANSWER: www.seagulls.co.uk

:thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
the bloke who played in the bill too! Cant remember his name though so scrap that

:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
5) CUP TIE
a Were you pleased to draw Northwich at home? Yes, anyone at home is always good, and Vics is a new club to play against.
b What do you think the score will be? Our form is very erratic, but we should win, go for 2-0
c What are your hopes FA Cup-wise this season? Our record is appalling in the cup recently, getting to the third round would be a bonus, any further would be sensational.
d What do you think the attendance will be (Vics MAY bring 300)? 4,300
e How many would be able to make it to Northwich (Mid-Cheshire) on a Tues night if we managed to push you to a replay? Probably 300 if a midweek game, 800 if on a Saturday.
f What are your v best FA Cup memories (can honestly say I was gutted to see Man U win)? Winning at Anfield in 1983, and the semi-final against Wednesday at Highbury.
6) FANS
a Any eccentric/ O-T-T supporters (he says!)? Fatty Taxman, a moon faced alcohol fuelled tax inspector with a smile for everyone, and an unhealthy obsession with 80's pop chanteuse Tiffany. He is still single ladies, as well as a virgin, so are female Vics wanting a catch could be in luck, and he could do your VAT return too in exchange for singing "I think we're alone now" in schoolgirl uniform.
b Have you got any famous fans? Des, Fatboy,
c Any original chants/ rituals? "You're too ugly to be gay" "One nil to the nancy boys" "Yes we take it up the arse" "Good old sussex by the sea"
d Who are your main rivals these days? Palace, October 18th 2005 is writ large in Brighton history as we beat the caravan dwellers at their place for the first time in 24 years. Swindon and Bristol City don't like us after the play-off success two seasons ago, but their supporters tend to have six fingers and marry their sisters, so we don't take them too seriously. Most other clubs we have a pretty good relationship with.
e Who are your rivals historically? Palace for the last 30 years.
f Any original chants (which are `decent`)? (see above)
7) PROGRAMME
a Is it value for money?
b How many pages?
8) PLAYERS
b What did you think of Lee Steele (hero at Vics- his stepping stone into the League)? Lee Steele could have been a good Championship player, unfortunately a few injuries and driving offences did not help him develop.
c Who are the best players in your current squad? Dean Cox, Adam Hinshelwood, Jake Robinson.
9) CLUB (OFFICIAL) INFO
a What is the official B&A web site? seagulls.co.uk
b Where is the best place to find `official` info (prices etc) on visiting the Withdean?
10) TOWN
Vics have a humorous following which is more likely to implode than explode! Can you make assurances to say our elderly fans that there won`t be any locals lying in wait (if you get my drift)? No trouble at Withers, we are very chilled out.
d What is Brighton`s claim to fame (ask me the same of Northwyche and that`ll shut me up for good!)?

Two Piers
Pavilion
County Cricket Champions twice in last four years.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
5) CUP TIE
a Were you pleased to draw Northwich at home?
Home tie against lower league oppostiton, apart from getting Lewes, think the best we could hope for, although would of preferred an away game.

b What do you think the score will be?
4-1 to us, with you getting an equaliser late in the first half.

c What are your hopes FA Cup-wise this season?
To get to the second round, or to actually win a tie would be nice.

d What do you think the attendance will be (Vics MAY bring 300)?

e How many would be able to make it to Northwich (Mid-Cheshire) on a Tues night if we managed to push you to a replay?
As it's FA Cup, somewhere we haven't played, I would say 5-700

f What are your v best FA Cup memories (can honestly say I was gutted to see Man U win)?
Have to be honest don't recall any of the 83 run. But 93, was pretty good, couple of home ties against non league teams in the first 2 rounds, then round 3, Portsmouth at home (second biggest rivals) who we beat 1-0. Then the ultimate dream draw, Man U away, we were quite unlucky not to get a replay, although Giggs was magic that day, terracing as well, It was the second time that season we had drawn them in a cup.

6) FANS
a Any eccentric/ O-T-T supporters (he says!)?

b Have you got any famous fans?
Des Lynam, Fatboy Slim, Ralph Brown

c Any original chants/ rituals?
After years of homophobic chanting, we've adopted the "if you can't beat em, join em attitude"
You're to ugly to be gay

One nil to the nancy boys

We've got tiny Cox, we've got tiny cox (after our 5'4" left winger)

We've got 5 foot Cox, we've got 5 foot Cox (see above)

d Who are your main rivals these days?

Palace, always have been as long as I've been supporting Brighton, followed by Portsmouth
e Who are your rivals historically?

See above
f Any original chants (which are `decent`)?
Forgot
2 Kerry Mayo's, theres only 2 Kerry Mayos - In tribute to our ginger prince left back, whose wife is also named Kerry Mayo
Not that you will hear much as atmosphere is stricly limited at Withdean

7) PROGRAMME
a Is it value for money?
Could be a lot worse, has a nice big section of the visitors

b How many pages?
No, generally they are out of date, as NSC acts as a fanzine now, although the best we had was Gulls Eye

8) PLAYERS
My era has to be Bobby Zamora, total legend, John Byrne, Steve Foster. Going back you have Peter Ward, Mark Lawerenson, Steve Foster, Brian Horton, Gary Stevens

b What did you think of Lee Steele (hero at Vics- his stepping stone into the League)?
Very much a cult hero, think legend is to much, but definately a firm fans favourite and cult hero

Our team now is mainly made up of home grown youth players, which is not a bad thing, would have to say, Jake Robinson CF(South Coast Rooney), Dean Cox LW, Joel Lynch (looks composed and comfortable anywhere) CH or LB

9) CLUB (OFFICIAL) INFO
a What is the official B&A web site?
www.seagulls.co.uk

As above

10) TOWN
On all the Brighton buses there are names of people who are famous and connected with the town in some way or other.

Yes but not nearly as much as in the past, very big shortage of decent engineers, so if you know any give me a shout

Would have to say either EDF Energy, or American Express has it's European HQ in the town

Vics have a humorous following which is more likely to implode than explode! Can you make assurances to say our elderly fans that there won`t be any locals lying in wait (if you get my drift)?
The apathy that surround Withdean, the only thing laying in wait will be parking wardens

At the moment think you can guess that :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
El Presidente said:
d What is Brighton`s claim to fame ?

County Cricket Champions twice in last four years.

Think the rest of Sussex might have something to say about that EP
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here