Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

??? Brighton v Vics ???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
4d. The Brewery Tap and the Crown & Anchor (3/4 mile south of Withdean, 1/4 mile south of Preston Park Station) serves some real ale - the Sportsman on site at Withdean DOES NOT. You have been warned. For decent real ale pubs, see answer 4c. [/B][/QUOTE]

The Sportsman does serve real ale, its just if they run out during the prematch period they do not bother changing it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Large One said:
Really? What do they serve?

People, I would assume.

Most pubs don't allow animals or anything in, and I can't imagine too many plants queueing up for a pint, so by process of elimination...

;)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Large One said:
Really? What do they serve? I'm wracking my brain and can't honestly think...
last year it was london pride and has changed to ? (can't remember)

The one & only pump is located on the corner of the bar

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
northwicha said:

h What is the pitch like at the mo`?

The bit in the middle is getting quite worn now due to the prancing around of the cheerleaders and the number of restarts that our forwards are having to take each game.

The bit at the end that we defend has started to resemble the Somme. There is however a nice geen bit just behind the goal line, between the two posts. This is where the 'keeper is supposed to put his drink and his towel. However, in our case, the drink kept getting knocked over by the ball, so we've abandoned that idea.

You won't be able to see the final third of the pitch from where you sit as it's a long way away. However, this is not a problem, as that bit of the pitch doesn't tend to get used.

To the side of the pitch are the two technical areas. One of these wasn't used until a few weeks ago and is therefore in good nick. It has however started to show signs of sinking since Dean White has been using it.

An athletics track surrounds the pitch. For the first hour of the game this will be used by our 'keeper as the landing area for his kicks. From the 60th minute onwards the track becomes the emergency escape route. The signal for the evacuation is the sound of the ball hitting our net for the third time. Away fans are not obliged to join in with this evacuation and are better advised to join the park and ride bus queues after the final whistle, when the vast majority of Brighton fans will already be back home.

I hope that the draw is kinder to you in the next round.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Re: Re: ??? Brighton v Vics ???

East Staffs Gull said:
The bit in the middle is getting quite worn now due to the prancing around of the cheerleaders and the number of restarts that our forwards are having to take each game.

The bit at the end that we defend has started to resemble the Somme. There is however a nice geen bit just behind the goal line, between the two posts. This is where the 'keeper is supposed to put his drink and his towel. However, in our case, the drink kept getting knocked over by the ball, so we've abandoned that idea.

You won't be able to see the final third of the pitch from where you sit as it's a long way away. However, this is not a problem, as that bit of the pitch doesn't tend to get used.

To the side of the pitch are the two technical areas. One of these wasn't used until a few weeks ago and is therefore in good nick. It has however started to show signs of sinking since Dean White has been using it.

An athletics track surrounds the pitch. For the first hour of the game this will be used by our 'keeper as the landing area for his kicks. From the 60th minute onwards the track becomes the emergency escape route. The signal for the evacuation is the sound of the ball hitting our net for the third time. Away fans are not obliged to join in with this evacuation and are better advised to join the park and ride bus queues after the final whistle, when the vast majority of Brighton fans will already be back home.

I hope that the draw is kinder to you in the next round.
:lolol: :lolol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
North, North East, South East, South and West.

Five?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
John Boy said:
And the East!

Ach, how could I forget. :blush:

Mods, delete this bit, eh.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't Withdean stage the Special Olympics a few years ago?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Gully said:
Didn't Withdean stage the Special Olympics a few years ago?

considering the first time it was held outside the US was in 2003 and the athletics was in Morton Stadium (in Dublin), I'd guess not ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bit of a difference in opinions there then, I was certain that they had been held in Brighton but that it was a few years ago, that would tie in with LBs post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here