Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Doncaster 1997: Stuart Storer

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Only the old boys who know our history and struggle really get it so I do stand by my statement.

Frutos, Carole and Turienzo had probably not even heard of BHAFC before the phone rang. They will not be losing any sleep over our impending relegation.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
Only the old boys who know our history and struggle really get it so I do stand by my statement.

Frutos, Carole and Turienzo had probably not even heard of BHAFC before the phone rang. They will not be losing any sleep over our impending relegation.
Utter bollocks.

Cos relegation in Jonnyforeign Land is different, isn't it?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Uncle Spielberg said:
To be frank I think half our squad couldn;t give a shit we are being relegated except

Mayo
Carpenter
Oatway
Hinshelwood

The new boys and the foreigners don't get it.

That's a RIDICULOUS thing to say.

I KNOW the players would be absolutely GUTTED if we went down.

Just because the team is struggling at the moment doesn't mean to say they don't care.

Some of the players might not have the same lifelong ATTACHMENT that some of them have but to suggest they wouldn't be bothered if we went down is, in my opinion, INSULTING.

That is all

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
To be frank I think half our squad couldn;t give a shit we are being relegated except

Mayo
Carpenter
Oatway
Hinshelwood

I wouldn't say the others "wouldn't give a shit", but I think I may tend to agree with you a little in that it will hurt those you mentioned a bit more than some.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Large One said:
El Abd, Hammond, Robinson, Lynch, Gatting? All local lads who came through the system - they'll be a tad cheesed off it we go down, probably more so than the fans.

Glaring omission on my part - I did of course mean all local lads and long timers

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
If they had shown the same passion in the early part of that season then we would never have had to scrap like they did against Doncaster and Hereford.We were so bad away from the Goldstone in the early part that I have no hesitation in saying that that was the worse side I have ever seen in the stripes.Thank Christ for the arrival of Gritt who instilled some sort of pride in what was a very poor bunch.

I think the support at home for the last ten or so games when we were unbeaten was some of the best I ever saw.I can remember the Barnet manager saying after we had beaten them before a ten thousand gate that it sounded like they were playing at Old Trafford.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
H block said:
If they had shown the same passion in the early part of that season then we would never have had to scrap like they did against Doncaster and Hereford.We were so bad away from the Goldstone in the early part that I have no hesitation in saying that that was the worse side I have ever seen in the stripes.Thank Christ for the arrival of Gritt who instilled some sort of pride in what was a very poor bunch.

I think the support at home for the last ten or so games when we were unbeaten was some of the best I ever saw.I can remember the Barnet manager saying after we had beaten them before a ten thousand gate that it sounded like they were playing at Old Trafford.
Which just reminds you what a turning point the Fans United day was. Not just in terms of the thumping win, but the gates for the remainder of the season were high and very noisy.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Uncle Spielberg said:

Mayo
Carpenter
Oatway
Hinshelwood

What about Hart?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Got the commentary of that Storer goal on my PC at home and it sends a shiver down my spine everytime I hear it "STORER, STUART STORER"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
JSD Albion said:
Which just reminds you what a turning point the Fans United day was. Not just in terms of the thumping win, but the gates for the remainder of the season were high and very noisy.
That season, teams on the same number of points were split by goals scored rather than goal difference. Those five that day were the difference between staying up and oblivion.

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
Stuart Storer - top bloke. My mate lived next door to him when he lived in Patcham and we used to play footie in Preston Park. We knocked on his door one week and his missus answered. Asked if he wanted to come for a kick about. 'No worries just let me get changed was the reply'.
Great game. You do not realise how hard a professional footballer passes it felt like a shot every time he passed to me. He was bloody fast as well.
Came for a beer with us in the Park View afterwards.

Like I said at the start of this post Top, top man.:clap: :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The Large One said:
Upoad it then. :)

Please.

As I said, it's on my home PC not here at work. Will try and sort it later.

Re: Re: Brighton v Doncaster 1997: Stuart Storer

Goring Gull said:
Could do with abit more of that this season. That season those guys played out their skins something this current lot could not be accused of.

err they only played out of their skins...................st home................from February onwards.

Watch the performances from the first half of the season, and the same set of players were just tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here