Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Colchester attendence

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
6 points at stake FFS! :ohmy:

But it really isnt a big game for us YET. You are on what can only be described as dreadful form, whereas we are gradually creeping up the table, have improved greatly since George Williams left, are decent away from home and our 'star' striker has just come back from long-term injury. All signs at the moment are that we will comfortably have enough to avoid relegation, even if we do lose to you on Friday and to Orient on Sunday. If we are still there or there abouts by April when we play you and Orient in succession again then we will worry. At the moment the consensus amongst Colchester fans is that it is just another stepping stone on a long road to mid table mediocrity.

Id agree mind you, its still a bloody embarrasing turn out.

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
Why so low? whats your average home attendance.

Around 5 thousand. Its shit for a combination of reasons;

No trains - who the hell wants to stay sober on Boxing Day
Shit couple of seasons - we have won 5 home games since april 2007. Away we havent been too bad, but a lot of people will have paid their season ticket money up front and then will be put off travelling by our shocking home form.
Recession - who has £50 to go and sit three miles from the opposition goal in this day and age
Illness - Everyone I know has been ill - im only on the net so much at the moment because Im off work sick in bed.
Prices - I know they are better than ours, but still not exactly cheap.
Your away end - miles from the pitch, open air.
No pay on the day - A lot of people I know have been put off by this - some people dont want to or are not able to plan their trips in advance. My brother only discovered he would be in the country for the game today but now wont be able to come because he has no way of getting in the ground.

Although, if it had been an August weekend we would have brought a thousand.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

:glare:

1 - Are you sure about that?
2 - If you are, i feel sorry for the 110 who have to sit in the Woods.

:thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Around 5 thousand. Its shit for a combination of reasons;

No trains - who the hell wants to stay sober on Boxing Day
Shit couple of seasons - we have won 5 home games since april 2007. Away we havent been too bad, but a lot of people will have paid their season ticket money up front and then will be put off travelling by our shocking home form.
Recession - who has £50 to go and sit three miles from the opposition goal in this day and age
Illness - Everyone I know has been ill - im only on the net so much at the moment because Im off work sick in bed.
Prices - I know they are better than ours, but still not exactly cheap.
Your away end - miles from the pitch, open air.
No pay on the day - A lot of people I know have been put off by this - some people dont want to or are not able to plan their trips in advance. My brother only discovered he would be in the country for the game today but now wont be able to come because he has no way of getting in the ground.

Fair enough,dont worry, if you do score,and thats a foregone conclusion im sure the announcer will let you know. :thumbsup:

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
:glare:

1 - Are you sure about that?
2 - If you are, i feel sorry for the 110 who have to sit in the Woods.

:thumbsup:

Yeah I reckon so. I knew your away end was roughly the same size as our away end at Layer Road, just under a thousand.

At the end of the day Brighton is a popular away day, a lot of people would make the effort in summer, when there isnt so much risk of having to hunch under a rain poncho for two hours.

Yeah I reckon so. I knew your away end was roughly the same size as our away end at Layer Road, just under a thousand.

At the end of the day Brighton is a popular away day, a lot of people would make the effort in summer, when there isnt so much risk of having to hunch under a rain poncho for two hours.

The toilets in the away end at Layer Road were a potential death trap. When we took a lot there (in 2003 I think), there was a bit of a crush in there, with no separate exit and no windows. Does anyone recall the admission price for that match? I bit of a bargain, especially compared to this...

Attachments

• withdean away corner.jpg
    withdean away corner.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 151

CatkinCUFC

Dec 2, 2008
The toilets in the away end at Layer Road were a potential death trap. When we took a lot there (in 2003 I think), there was a bit of a crush in there, with no separate exit and no windows. Does anyone recall the admission price for that match? I bit of a bargain, especially compared to this...

Went in there last night, if you think it was a deathtrap then......going down there now to get some photos, we discovered that one of the old turnstiles is just open. It is sad really, the council screwed up on selling the land so I can see it just sitting there rotting for a good few years to come yet

For the first time in years, the seat next to me has been SOLD.

It was even empty for the Manchester City game, so I reckon there will be at least 8,900 there, with another 150 people sitting in the trees.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Spurs 0-0 Fulham.

Oooops Wrong Forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here