Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Carlisle

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if we can beat torquay and got point at doncaster, then it will be a good 10 days

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Brilliant - even just by text!!!!!!!!!!!

My ticket for Donny arrived this morning, my next 'home'' game, can't wait to see this class team in action!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
P GD PTS
1 Leyton Orient 17 0 31
2 Nottm Forest 16 18 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Carlisle 16 12 29
4 Swansea 16 10 28
5 Leeds 16 19 26
6 Doncaster 17 6 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Brighton 17 5 26
8 Southend 17 2 26
9 Tranmere 17 4 24
10 Walsall 17 2 24
11 Swindon 16 7 23
12 Crewe 17 -4 23
13 Huddersfield 17 -8 23
14 Yeovil 17 -4 22
15 Hartlepool 16 1 21
16 Oldham 16 0 19
17 Northampton 17 -4 19
18 Bristol Rovers 17 -5 19
19 Gillingham 17 -14 19
20 Millwall 17 -10 16

21 Bournemouth 17 -13 13
22 Luton 17 -1 12
23 Port Vale 17 -11 12
24 Cheltenham 16 -12 12

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
we wern't very good , carlisle very organised though. Played better with 10 men. Conceding goals which is a concern. O'call sending off was avoidable but def deserved to go.

we wern't very good , carlisle very organised though. Played better with 10 men. Conceding goals which is a concern. O'call sending off was avoidable but def deserved to go.

Huh? Their bloke had a hold of his leg, so when he tried to free himself, the ref thought he'd committed a violent act. The ref was the wrong side of that situation, and the lino and ref did eff-all to consult about it.

To top it, the twat ref didn't even give their cheat a yellow!

I know he's a new referee and all that, but why do we have to build his experience up and suffer his shit decisions?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not our best performance against a horrible, niggly team. Their manager was a ****, he was worse than Dennis Wise!

Great character and resilience though to get a point against a top 6 side when down to 10. Forster is magic. :bowdown:

I'd like to see their second goal again, looked offside to me.

Fatty Arbuckle

Jul 24, 2007
Huh? Their bloke had a hold of his leg, so when he tried to free himself, the ref thought he'd committed a violent act. The ref was the wrong side of that situation, and the lino and ref did eff-all to consult about it.

I know he's a new referee and all that, but why do we have to build his experience up and suffer his shit decisions?

He was a poor ref and Carlisle exploited his weakness. However, O'Callaghan stamped on their player and deserved to go. He may have been help by the Carlisle player but the referee can't be blamed for that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I did see the Carlisle player have a hold of 'C's leg. George should have fallen down instead of trying to free his foot and lashing out.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Not our best performance against a horrible, niggly team. Their manager was a ****, he was worse than Dennis Wise!

Great character and resilience though to get a point against a top 6 side when down to 10. Forster is magic. :bowdown:

I'd like to see their second goal again, looked offside to me.
was the assistant that was more of a twat,think that was greg abbott

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. O'Callaghan overacted to a bit of gamesmanship by their player who was holding their foot and he lashed out. As soon as he did that he had to.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Their manager was a ****, he was worse than Dennis Wise!

john ward has always struck me as a nice guy. what did he do today then?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
During the first half you could see that O'Callagen was getting wound up and though if he last the match without even getting a booking then i would have been very suprised.

I thought it was a good entertaning game and the quality of Forsters strikes are deffinetly worth getting up early to watch the championship tomorrow.

After a game i have been compareing the result to how we played last year, and last season we would have lost this match so i'm well happy with a point.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
john ward has always struck me as a nice guy. what did he do today then?
as i said above think he is mixing ward up with his assistant

assistant was forever stood outside his box on the touchline wilkins got very worked up with him at one point,was just always trying to influence the officals

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I thought carlisle were the best opposition I've seen this season. Hard working, physical & organised they'll be in the shake up at the end of the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Thought O'Callaghan was unlucky to get sent off today. Ok, he deserved it for what he did but the ref should have got hold of the game long before that.

Every time one of our players made a pass under pressure, the ref was watching the ball and missing all the late tackles(not hard, but late nonetheless). Ankles were regularly getting tapped off the ball. If the ref had sorted these cynical tactics in the first place then their number 14 would have been sent off way before he invited O'Callaghan to retaliate. As it was, as soon as he got booked, Carlisle substituted him as they knew that one more challenge like that and he would be off.

The sad thing is that there was no need for Carlisle to employ these tactics as they were easily the best team to come to Withdean this season.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. O'Callaghan overacted to a bit of gamesmanship by their player who was holding their foot and he lashed out. As soon as he did that he had to.

I didn't see him lashing out, he was just trying to get his foot free as their guy wouldn't let go of it for some bizarre reason and when he did eventually let go he lost his footing. The ref obviously couldn't see the incident properly as he would have had to have booked their guy if he had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here