Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton torna a casa (‘Brighton returns home’)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/Primo_Piano/2007/07_Luglio/24/brighton_2407.shtml

From Gazzetta dello Sport…

Brighton returns to house

The club, that English supports in series C, has received the permission in order to construct to a its stage after an exile of deci years and one series of bureaucratic disputes. From the 1997 the “Seagulls” had, of fact, always played in transfer

BRIGHTON (Great Britain), 24 July 2007 - In order to understand how much was important for the Brighton to have one its stage and to stop it to wander, enough to think next to two things. Before, in the angle “news” of the situated one of the Seagulls (that sottosezione dedicated exclusively to the stage supports in Series C English) is one: the second, every year, from 1998 today, comes disputed one commemorative game in honor of the Goldstone Ground, old house of the square.

TEN YEARS IN TRANSFER - We go with order. Ten years ago the Brighton sold the stage. Until 1999 it has disputed the inner games to Gillingham, to 110 kilometers of distance. Little like if the Monza (in order to remain in series C) played for two years to the Tardini of Parma. The fact is that after this first exile, it arrived some endured an other: fortunately more neighbor, to the Withdean Stadium, the periphery of Brighton. Only difference, regarding the Goldstone Ground, 14mila watching in less like capienza.

BUREAUCRACY - Meantime the club had already chosen the center alternative: Falmer, always close to Brighton. The permission lacked alone, that it would have had to arrive in 2005. A series of bureaucratic difficulties have but blocked the beginning of the jobs, leaving therefore the “Gulls” in the limbo of the Withdean Stadium. Today, however, one of the managing maximums of the Brighton, Martin Perry, has received the letter much wait: part. Within two years the new stage of the biancoblù will be ready, hour trains from Dean Wilkins to you (brother of Ray, former Milan). “We have already had a false new dawn - Perry has said -. Hour us riproveremo, hoping that our adversaries do not put us the sticks between the wheels”. Insomma, the Seagulls will stop to fly from one a stage the other.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Wozza said:
Today, however, one of the managing maximums of the Brighton, Martin Perry, has received the letter much wait: part. Within two years the new stage of the biancoblù will be ready, hour trains from Dean Wilkins to you (brother of Ray, former Milan).

Er.. ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/Primo_Piano/2007/07_Luglio/24/brighton_2407.shtml

From Gazzetta dello Sport…

Brighton returns to house

The club, that English supports in series C, has received the permission in order to construct to a its stage after an exile of deci years and one series of bureaucratic disputes. From the 1997 the “Seagulls” had, of fact, always played in transfer

BRIGHTON (Great Britain), 24 July 2007 - In order to understand how much was important for the Brighton to have one its stage and to stop it to wander, enough to think next to two things. Before, in the angle “news” of the situated one of the Seagulls (that sottosezione dedicated exclusively to the stage supports in Series C English) is one: the second, every year, from 1998 today, comes disputed one commemorative game in honor of the Goldstone Ground, old house of the square.

TEN YEARS IN TRANSFER - We go with order. Ten years ago the Brighton sold the stage. Until 1999 it has disputed the inner games to Gillingham, to 110 kilometers of distance. Little like if the Monza (in order to remain in series C) played for two years to the Tardini of Parma. The fact is that after this first exile, it arrived some endured an other: fortunately more neighbor, to the Withdean Stadium, the periphery of Brighton. Only difference, regarding the Goldstone Ground, 14mila watching in less like capienza.

BUREAUCRACY - Meantime the club had already chosen the center alternative: Falmer, always close to Brighton. The permission lacked alone, that it would have had to arrive in 2005. A series of bureaucratic difficulties have but blocked the beginning of the jobs, leaving therefore the “Gulls” in the limbo of the Withdean Stadium. Today, however, one of the managing maximums of the Brighton, Martin Perry, has received the letter much wait: part. Within two years the new stage of the biancoblù will be ready, hour trains from Dean Wilkins to you (brother of Ray, former Milan). “We have already had a false new dawn - Perry has said -. Hour us riproveremo, hoping that our adversaries do not put us the sticks between the wheels”. Insomma, the Seagulls will stop to fly from one a stage the other.

Can't be arsed to read it, but hope the article is more accurate than the photo of 'IL Goldstone 1997' which is clearly crappy old Withdean :shootself:

How come every time a national paper - ANY national paper, anywhere - prints anything about your club it's full of ill-researched crap? ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am wondering what an "hour trains from Dean Wilkins" will be like?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I quite like 'The Biancoblu' - any chance that will catch on?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because journalists are all workshy, yet overworked, sloppy bastards. Football journalists are generally, I'm afraid, even worse.

Quite. I'm STILL glad we stitched up that bitch on The Observer over her 600 word report on the West Ham match that failed to mention the Albion even once.

Fellow journos closed ranks in double-quick time. But they were defending the indefensible. And/or blaming the sub-ed. As if that made it somehow better.

Sloppy chancers the lot of them. IMHO like

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Quite. I'm STILL glad we stitched up that bitch on The Observer over her 600 word report on the West Ham match that failed to mention the Albion even once.

Fellow journos closed ranks in double-quick time. But they were defending the indefensible. And/or blaming the sub-ed. As if that made it somehow better.

Sloppy chancers the lot of them. IMHO like

Speaking as a hack, I can't disagree that there are some people earning a living as (often quite high profile) football journalists that are frankly little short of fraudsters. They just aren't any good, and less bright than hacks in other parts of the paper, but by dint of misguided loyalty from editor mates, and having broken into 'the elite', they somehow manage to keep it going for years. On the plus side, they are a good laugh and don't take themselves quite as seriously as, say, the showbiz lot or the politicos.

The number of football writers that as well as having a grasp of their subject can chuck in a few decent cultural or historical references is really pretty small. Happily, we have at least a couple in Paul Hayward and the Nick guy with the unpronounceable surname at the Times.

But what you call 'closing ranks' is sometimes just someone who knows what they are talking about shedding some light on the subject, and I hope that doesn't change. If I spouted off a load of drivel about architecture or whatever, I wouldn't be too peeved if an actual architect pointed out the flaws in my rant. I think some people on that thread actually learned what a sub editor is, and what they do. Or don't do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here