Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton to Crawley this morning

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I came off the A23 at Pyecombe this morning as the road was comletely snarled up ( took 25 minutes from the Dyke A27 to Pyecombe) and took an hour getting cross country to Crawley.

Anyone know what the problem was...a crash somewhere up the A23...it was clear by the time I got back on after hancross hill?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I saw it was backed up to Patcham roundabout and nipped over the dyke past Henfield then through Handcross. Been a dodgy week or so on the A23.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Van turned over at J10 about 5.45 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

but that was going south! so the jam went from J10 all the way down to the A27? thats about 25 miles!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
AHAA

priority A273 (Pyecombe) (Pyecombe)

13th October 2011 12:46pm

Queueing traffic and Main carriageway closed due to spillage of hydraulic fluid and earlier broken down vehicle on A23 Northbound at A273 (Pyecombe), congestion to A27 (Patcham). Travel time is 25 minutes. First reported at 08:00 when a crane broke down and spilled hydraulic fluid across both lanes. The crane has been recovered, now working to clean the tarmac. Tailbacks are reaching the A27.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Came along A27 this morning about 7.45 a.m. travelling Eastbound at Shoreham Flyover and the police had a rolling roadblock going on all the way to the Hove turnoff, haven't got a clue what for but it was fun.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There was a broken down lorry with a burst tyre by the Texaco garage at 8am, I just skipped through the garage and out again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here