Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton targetting 100 points haul say Bridcutt

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
BBC

Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt says the runaway League One leaders want to go up in style by not only clinching the title but also reaching 100 points.
Gus Poyet's men have 83 points with eight games left, 13 clear of second-placed Huddersfield Town and 16 clear of the teams outside the play-off pack.
They could be back in the Championship, which they left in 2006, by mid-April.
But Bridcutt told BBC Sussex: "We want to go up as champions. Going up with over 100 points would be brilliant."
Brighton won all eight of their games in March to set a new post-war record. And, ahead of this Saturday's trip to play-off chasing Rochdale, Bridcutt admits: "It's been a brilliant month.
"It's been hard and it's a lot to take on.
"But the boys know the task in hand. We don't want to be known as the team that let it slip."

Bridcutt is also hoping to be part of manager Gus Poyet's plans should they complete their return to the Championship, from which they were relegated under Mark McGhee in 2006.
The 21-year-old former Chelsea trainee, who arrived in August on a five-month deal and extended that to the end of the season in November, said: "I'd love to be here next season, and many seasons to come. It's a very big club.
"I've been playing quite well recently and I've got my rewards.
"I'm really enjoying it. Its been a privilege to play with all the boys."

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Met him a while ago, lovely lad. Eager to play for us and to get a new contract. Kind of forget he's only 21, and an established midfielder in League 1, if we nurture him could see him playing in the Premiershite in the future.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd give him a contract off the back of that interview alone :lolol:

Good lad. Don't you just love Gus and his team for their committment

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Met him a while ago, lovely lad. Eager to play for us and to get a new contract. Kind of forget he's only 21, and an established midfielder in League 1, if we nurture him could see him playing in the Premiershite in the future.

Good post.Exactly. Still learning his trade and will only improve. Linch-pin next season methinks.

TNBA

TTF

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I had to pick one of the current squad with real potential, I'd have to pick him. Probably came good a bit too late to get my player of the season ahead of El Abd, but on the second half he'd get my vote.

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
Bridcutt is total class, bossed the game against Watford and have no doubt he will make the step up to championship, class signing. sign him up

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Time will tell,although I think he is to small to be competitive in the championship.

Ridiculous comment - Scholes/Modric/Messi/Maradonna/Makalele/Juninho - all short - all playing/played to a much higher standard than the Championship!

The guy oozes class at our level and as gets more experience he will get better and better in his position and I believe he will become a premiership player. I might be alone in this but I am more concerned about losing him than Murray at the end of the season.

Great attitude aswell which will only aid his progress.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
When Bridcutt plays well Brighton have one of their best games. Watford as mentioned above being a case in point. Even though I probably wouldn't vote for him, he's worthy of a POTY nomination.

Get him a ticket on the Championship Gus Bus.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Time will tell,although I think he is to small to be competitive in the championship.

Im pretty sure you will be proved wrong next season, he is one of the strongest players on the ball and in the championship he will probably find he will actually have more time on the ball and will shine even more than this season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Class player, should get a multi year deal I think. Will be a very good champ player in couple years though not sure he'll ever do much in Prem. Bit small is only one factor from so many as mentioned and nothing at all wrong with being a top champ player. Must put you around the top 100 or so UK players that with amount of imports in Premshite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here