• yes, we should play him!

Votes: 45 88.2%
  • No, worse than Yelldell

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It seems as though MM is thinking that maybe Ben R will not be back and got given a new contract, and this guy could become our 2nd keeper.

Jul 20, 2003
No mention on his ICONS site:

http://www.icons.com/shaaban/diary.html

and ICONS is the LAW

you can buy a signed photo of him celebrating a goal against Spurs for a fiver:

Rami-th.jpg

which is the same kind of money you'd have to lay out for a pic of:

heggemnorway-th.jpg

VEGARD HEGGEM in action for Norway

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I have seen him play serveral times, he has had a short cariare (spell) even though he is old. 3-4 years ago I have never heard of him and I guess 99% of the football ppl in sweden didn´t neither.

But he went from a lower league team to Djurgården (Swedish Champs 2003) when they sold Andreas Isaksson to Rennes (Peter Schcé, spell, went to chelsea from Rennes) And he played some games and was really good. And suddenly he signed for Arsenal, a really big shock! He wasn´t THAT good......

And he played maybe a total of 10 games with Arsenal. Did it very good, but got injured. I have only seen him as a expertcommentator on the telly after the injury.

But I would rank him as a goalie who would fit in a top club in div1.

Shaaban.jpg

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
So what's the news is he coming or what? Did anyone see him play against eastbourne?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
this has got (some wanker thought it'd be funny to put..) all over it

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Says on Ask the Club that he didn't think he was match fit but willl be with the club this week and next.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
apparently the real reason he didn't play is an unresolved dispute over insurance (for £1,000,000)... will be interesting to see how this develops...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Friend of mine knew him in Egypt and still contacts him from tiem to time. he tells me that his premiership quality so we should get him in... needs the match practice though....

Any more news onw ehtehr the insurance thing is for real?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Shaaban's had trials at St Etienne, Leeds, Saarbrucken, Lillestrom and Tottenham, released by them all - does this tell you something?

That he isn't good enough for all the major clubs? Nor is Zamora, but I'd fancy him to play for Brighton.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
saltash seagull said:
has anyone actully seen shaaban play? lets see how he does 1st!think it's a bit unfair on yelldell who looked ok at leeds that after a disapointing home debut there's already a poll about dropping him :nono:

yes - he is good

but so is yelldell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here