Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Seafood Restaurants

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Any recommendations please? Has to be locally sourced of course. Ages since I lived in Brighton and most will have gone to the wall no doubt! Thanks in advance. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I like the Regency a lot, But I wouldn't claim it's locally sourced. English's has gone downhill apparently

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Riddle and Finns in the Lanes is top notch

It's not a seafood restaurant but Due South on the beach is pretty good too.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Enquiring on behalf of a Londoner having a few days break. Price not too much of an issue (within reason of course.)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
X-Factor's Dermot O'Leary will be "hands on" at Brighton restaurant
3:00pm Thursday 11th June 2009

X-Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary has said he will work front of house at his new restaurant once a month.

The celebrity said he wants to be involved as much as he can at Fishy Fishy which opened for business in East Street, Brighton, yesterday.

Mr O'Leary has joined forces with friends Paul Shovlin and James Ginzler so they could realise their restaurant dream.

Speaking at the restaurant on Tuesday, the star said: “I do not want to come down and get under everyone's feet but I want to help Paul and James work front of house.”

Mr O’Leary, a keen fisherman, who said he has been coming to Sussex for ten years to fish out of Brighton, Shoreham and Newhaven, explained he wanted Fishy Fishy to provide affordable, seasonal and locally caught fish.

The former Big Brother presented, who started his career on T4, said the restaurant had received help from Brighton and Newhaven Fish Sales and have also sourced some of their wine from the Ridgeview vineyard in Ditchling.

Mr O'Leary said: “We do not want to expand the business for the sake of expanding. I do not think there will be a Fishy Fishy London, it is meant to be coastal and local.”

Builders were still applying the final touches to the East Street eatery on Tuesday night ahead of its opening.

The building was once the home of Martha Gunn, one of Brighton's dippers, who was paid to dunk visitors in the sea.

The restaurant is on four floors and has a nautical and fishy theme throughout.

A lot of the mirrors were found in The Lanes and other adornments and pictures were picked up in Lewes and London.

The trio wanted the restaurant to be a real family affair and Mr O'Leary's girlfriend Dee Koppang and Mr Ginzler's wife, Alice, took charge of decorating the interior.

Mr Ginzler said: “This place will be open for wedding celebrations and birthdays. We already have some of our family booked in. We will support the community as much as we can.”

Mr O'Leary added: “We do it because we really are passionate about it.

“This restaurant is for Brightonians as well as for visitors. We want to earn the right to call ourselves a Brighton institution.”

For more information about the restaurant or to book a table, go to FISHY FISHY - Welcome

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
English's still offers good nosh.

It must have picked up a lot since I went there just before Xmas. It was horribly overpriced and very old-fashioned crap then; the Regency is miles better and cheaper.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
It must have picked up a lot since I went there just before Xmas. It was horribly overpriced and very old-fashioned crap then; the Regency is miles better and cheaper.

very true.

the seafood grill at the albion (?) hotel is good but dead.

jamie's italian have some nice seafood options (the softshell crabs are excellent).

dermot whatshishead's new place is supposed to be good

riddle & finns is always excellent, but pricey.

the regency is my favourite of the lot

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Was at the Regency on Saturday, top drawer as always! Mixed grilled fish medley for around a tenner, deep fried fish platter (cod, whitebait, calamari, scampi etc) for around £7! Absolute bargain, fresh food, good service and some top drawer home-made puddings!

Oh yeah and the moules marinier starter was absolutely huge!!! You could almost say they were also in the top drawer.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
jamies is very good

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to The Regency tonight. Sound food at sound prices with some slightly faded old-school glamour thrown in for good measure. Top draw as the previous person said. I had the deep fried seafood medley washed down with a lager all for about a tenner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here