Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Rock

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The remake is on BBC2 tonight at 9.00. Saw it when it came out a couple of years ago ... pretty compelling stuff. If you've not seen it give it a go ... not for depressives!!

A good but not a great film, saw it in the Cinema and thought that it was better than many of the reviews said it was. Fun to spot the locations, it must have cost them a fortune to rebuild the West Pier so that it appears in the background in one shot.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
I've a Lambretta sx150 special and was hopeing to be in the film as an extra but had my lammy in bits at the time so was gutted. Loved the film.loved the scooters, shame they had a lot of middle aged mods riding them with what looked like their daughters on the back. shame we have to get old eh. well worth a look. :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've a Lambretta sx150 special

I used to have one of those ... black (or was it dark green) with yellow stripes. Like all of them it was regularly in bits. Finished it's life off when I drove it under a lorry at the end of South Road HH trying to pose to a bird I fancied

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Compared to the original book & Attenborough film, the remake was a pile of poo imo. Moving the storyline to the 60's & having cameo Quadrophenia scenes was bollocks & didn't work. Brighton Rock is razor gangs & dark seedy pre war scenes not Lambretta's & The Beatles.

Probably still watch it tonight though!

May 17, 2011
1066 country
I used to have one of those ... black (or was it dark green) with yellow stripes. Like all of them it was regularly in bits. Finished it's life off when I drove it under a lorry at the end of South Road HH trying to pose to a bird I fancied

Oh dear, that'll make me cry. mine cost me £2300.00 6yrs ago and have rebuilt it and i worked out the other day it owes me 6k all in. dont tell the mrs.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I will probably give it a look but the original is an iconic British Cinematic classic and also captures historic Brighton as it used to be, so nothing can really compare to it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh dear, that'll make me cry. mine cost me £2300.00 6yrs ago and have rebuilt it and i worked out the other day it owes me 6k all in. dont tell the mrs.

Jesus! Mine cost me £25.00, before I did the right thing and traded for a GS160. That was 49 years ago mind. :cool:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If I still had all the vehicles that my Dad and I had from say 1955 to 1970. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here