Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Restaurants

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Making a weekend of it for the Sunderland game, and got some Maccam friends staying too.

Any recommendations for restaurants? Been looking at Casa Don Carlos spanish restaurant. Don't suppose anyone can comment on the place?

Muchas Gracias!

Russ

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
there was another thread on this subject a day or three ago.

casa don carlos comes recommended by at least a few of us on here, it's very nice indeed!

D

Deleted User X18H

Try the Strand Bartholemew place behind Brighton town hall .........................quality

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The Strand

Seven Dials

La Fourchette

Casa Don Carlos

Oki-nami

just a few that are worth looking at...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Does anyone know if Cripes is still around?

I used to go there all the time when I was a kid

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm not a food snob, or foodie as I belive they're called, in fact I'm quite easily pleased I like Quod in North St as it's got a good atmosphere.

Havana is where I go that extra mile for the sport of canoodling!

D

Deleted User X18H

Quod is quality met Larry May in there in the Summer father of Chris .............sunday lunch at the Metropole aLso worthwhile.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Best food in Brighton is in fact in Terre a Terre. Nothing short of truly incredible

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Terre a Terre is excellent but I went to Strand for my birthday and that was pretty good.

Is Casa Don Carlos the one in the Lanes? That's pretty good value..if a bit crowded.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is the Black Chapati still going?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Icy Gull said:
Is the Black Chapati still going?
Coincidentally, was about to recognise that myself - odd setting though and a bit small, so book up.

Terre a terre is a cracking effort and so is English's in the Lanes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Black Chapati is, I think, shut.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Casa Don Carlos is marvellous scenes - but book ahead if you want to go Satdee night.

Also recommend: Hotel du Vin, One Paston Place (top quality but exhorbitant prices), The Gingerman (the absolute top - beating everyone into a utterly knackered cocked hat). Reasonable sized shout also for Coriander. But it's miles out by the King Alfred.

Avoid Terre a Terre (food fascists abound, and that's just the waitresses), Quod (a triumph of image over content), Dali's (another Spanish place tapas bar - if you want to do it properly, go to Casa Don Carlos), or anywhere in the Marina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here