Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton reject enquiry from Osasuna for Oscar Garcia

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Whilst at Pamplona doing the bull run a few years ago I had the pleasure of visiting Osasuna, I Would compare them to Wigan in the Premier League. I would be very surprised if he left us to join them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing as they want to bid for our squad why not.

Oh yes it Holloway we are talking about. But he did mug us off and is in the prem.
He has promotion and Premier League experience and has used his network of contacts to sign 16 players.
He ticks all your boxes including nationality (probably).

I know who I'd rather have.

What about Pulis?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Also did he not say when he joined that he turned down a lot of other job offers, that offered more money to take this one. I have been really impressed with Oscar, though he looks sad even when he is happy. Everything he has said and done so far has been very respectful to Brighton.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We're so ****ing brilliant everyone wants our players and management staff !!!

LISTEN !!!!NOT FOR SALE !!!!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I honestly have no idea how some people on here make it through the day the way that they create situations out of thin air. They must be living in a perpetual state of confusion rolling from one conspiracy theory to the next. Give it a break or you'll end up having a break down and in the loony bin.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds to me like this was a speculative offer put in with little expectation of it going anywhere.

I have absolutely no doubt Oscar is staying with us.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
We should take it as a compliment that a top division Spanish team are making enquiries for our head coach. We all have no idea what is written into his contract. And the fact the club have refused permission for this to go any further than the enquiry stage is a good sign.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oooooh That is really spooky.

I have been in Dublin on business and got chatting to a bunch of guys in the bar in the hotel yesterday as I had my albion polo shirt on and they spotted the badge. turns out two of them were Spanish nationals and asked me about Oscar. I said how happy people were having such a. Coach and that there is a feel good factor around the albion at the moment.

They then mentioned that they had heard that he was being chased by a couple of Spanish sides as he is so well thought of. They couldn't remember who the teams were as they thought it was just paper talk.

Hopefully we haven't set on somebody who is a lot better than us and he is not constantly sought by decent Spanish sides.

The only odd thing I wonder about at the moment is the players we have been signing. For someone who knows precious little about English football, I wonder what he thinks about players we are bringing in. They don't really seem like the ones that a Barcelona trained coach would have plumped for. It's only my opinion and probably bobbins but it dos appear odd.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He has promotion and Premier League experience and has used his network of contacts to sign 16 players.
He ticks all your boxes including nationality (probably).

I know who I'd rather have.

What about Pulis?

Well Holloway has done it twice. But no thanks.

Pulliis I could handle not sure others could.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His number 1 Spanish journo fan doesn't seem to think that there's any danger of him being interested in leaving.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gosh there are some people who'd believe almost anything on here.
A top-flight Spanish team wanted him. We said no. End of story.
Grow up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Noelia Deniz, who some on here have taken against, tweeted ( and roughly translated )

"What has been thought Osasuna, putting an offer on the table at Brighton by Oscar Garcia? The British have rejected, of course."

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure Osasuna are ready to appoint Quique Flores as their new Head Coach, who has been at Al-Ahli in Dubai the last couple of years.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Noelia Deniz, who some on here have taken against, tweeted ( and roughly translated )

"What has been thought Osasuna, putting an offer on the table at Brighton by Oscar Garcia? The British have rejected, of course."

Never understood why posters took against her. She said we wasn't getting those players and we never did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here