Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Reading fans FFS

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Phil

Just to be perdantic, we cannot "comfort ourselves by the fact that we will get Falmer soon". It is not a FACT that we will get Falmer. Precott is just as likely to say no. He may take an opposite view about say waterhall...we do not know.

Secondly, if the likes of brighton Rock and Royal Ali come on here, they must exspect that a certain number of people are going to have a pop. After all, that is the nature of banter with opposing fans.

In "When Saturday Comes" this month, Brighton fans ae regarded as arrogant by quite a few teams supporters, especially as they see us as desparately courting support for a new ground when matching that with vitreol against other teams. Royal Ali accused me of just this...with justification

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I thought Royal Ali's comments on the other thread were fair enough.

But .........

that is part and parcel of the vitriol/banter that makes being a football supporter such a good laugh.

Who was at Warwick Services on the way back from Port Vale in 2002, singing 'We'll never play you again' at the Bournemouth fans?

Lo and behold, 18 months later we were tipping up at Dean Court to renew hostilities.

:clap2: :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's banter. We dish it. We should be able to take it or we just look like kids.

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
Phil

In "When Saturday Comes" this month, Brighton fans ae regarded as arrogant by quite a few teams supporters,

errr..bollox. one team disliked us and called us arrogant. 4 teams liked us and thanked us for our efforts in fund raising etc

so where do you get "quite a few" from?????

ps it was cheaterfield that disliked us:ohmy: :ohmy: :salute:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
balloonboy said:
I thought we were voted best fans in the league? We can't be Best AND most arrogant, surely?
we can

we could be arrogant because we are the best ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
RoyalAli said:
Wrexham and Doncaster fans?
i think it was more then that , 5 teams in total

i could be wrong mind :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
RoyalAli said:
I'm sure a higher percentage of Wrexham and Doncaster's votes went to you than other clubs.

That was the point I was making.

Surely not. Surely everyone voted for Reading, right?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
RoyalAli said:
Yeah.
The people who come in our stadium and watch our team without supporting them really make us look shit.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Perverts.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is time we all grew up a bit. So if you're listening Ali, with your empty stadium, ginger midfield tosser and judas mogadon man manager, just take that on board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here