Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Players Who Have Scored An OVERHEAD KICK

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Alan Duffy and when he landed it was 5.6 on the richter scale.
Where is Alan Duffy now?
I'm going to start a new thread on that one.LOL.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember Terry Connor scoring one against Swansea in front of the North Stand, FA CUp 3rd round 1984. Probably more of a scissor kick and I think it was from just outside the penalty box...
That was a fantastic goal - right at the end of the game too, tho as you say not an overhead kick. I had some moaner behind me in the East Terrace who hated Connor and had been slagging him off throughout the game. That shut him up!

The Maybank one everyone is thinking of definitely hit the bar. One of the few good things he ever did for us. What a waste of space (and money) he was...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't Munday only score two goals for us - that one and the 45-yarder at Leicester in the League Cup? Two absolute blinders.

He scored a last minute winner against Saarrfend too...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wasn't the Maybank one that hit the bar against Blackburn, not Sunderland as someone else suggested? I think it was 0-0, towards the end of the season, and someone let off a huge smoke bomb in the South goal.

Mellor scored one at Ninian Park in 77/78. He was more or less on the goal line between the edge of the six yard box and penalty area, kicked the ball over his left shoulder and it drifted into the far corner of the net. From memory it was the only shot we had on target all game; an interesting walk back through Cardiff to the Seagulls Special after the game too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybanks overhead was definitely against Sunderland and if memory serves me correctly it was from a cross which came to him at head height and his overhead kick was from the edge of the penalty area.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember that, and I though it went in too! Didn't we come back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes or something?
I think you're thinking of the game against Sunderland (1978?) when super-sub Eric Potts scored twice in the last two-minutes to win the game, after we'd been 1-0 down. I remember Sunderland had John Cleese-lookalike Barry Siddall in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here