Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Brighton Nil' V 'Brizzle City' match thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot understand Why Rents was dropped from the team and not even on the bench.

How on this earth could the match sponsors make Dean Cox MOM. Did his family sponsor the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blimey he did go early didn't he

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah didnt think you'd notice it on that vid so much. He went very early and the guy paused too so slotted it in easily.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
Absolutely WOEFUL performance in the second half, after kind of matching Bristol in the first. We must have the two most disgraceful full-backs on the entire planet. I seriously think my passing is superior to that of the clowns Mayo and El Abd. The goalkeeper is VERY dodgy, which leads to defensive uncertainty that is not usually the case when Michel and Lynch are around. The strikers had little to work with, but having said that I thought our midfielders did ok today. Hammond was my man of the match, and Bertin and Ward did good things at times. Cox had a shocker though - when will people realise he's not actually very good? Also, not a chance all afternoon - that really is pathetic. I didn't think much of Bristol. It goes to show that this division is really turd, when we have seen 2 of the top teams in the last week and neither have looked good. Still, we could have given it so much more of a go than we did.

The full backs passing was shit but it was Wilkins decision to tell them to lump it to the big men down the wings.

In the 1st half when we played on the deck, I noticed Mayo linking up and passing well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Turkey said:
The full backs passing was shit but it was Wilkins decision to tell them to lump it to the big men down the wings.

Then what the HELL was Wilkins thinking?

That was actually dire. Yes, we were beaten by a much better team, but everything about the performance was piss poor, totally woeful. Our tactic wasn't an attacking one, and as a result we (the home team) failed to have a chance.

:nono:

Surely the home team should be expecting to win the game, so why were the tactics so negative until Butters came off?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We were decent first half and played it on the deck. No idea why we changed it. Maybe it was their early sub that swung it and put our back 4 under more pressure.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Goring Gull said:
Knight out - he really needs his arse kicked - i pity the home supporters who have to pay premium price sto watch the shite that gets served up at home.

You love it when we lose, admit it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can someone please explain to simple old me....

In the second half, right from the Kick off, we pumped long useless aimless balls on to the heads of the City defenders, when in the first half, we tied to run at them

Adam El Abd was the worst culprit....

It was a fecking shambles in the second half.

Dave the Gaffer said:

In the second half, right from the Kick off, we pumped long useless aimless balls on to the heads of the City defenders, when in the first half, we tied to run at them

We didn't did we...... not a f'ing gain??

WILKINS PLEASE NEVER EVER PLAY THAT SHIT EFFING TACTIC EVER, AND I MEAN EVER AGAIN.

For crying out loud, how many times are Brighton and Hove Albion going to try and make that work? It's some kind of endless "it worked once so I insist on trying it again and again" tactic. MaGOON made Leon absolutely worthless with it, now Wilkins - having already found out it doesn't work WHEN WE HAVE STRIKERS THAT ARE NOT EITHER GOOD IN THE AIR OR INCREDIBLY FAST RUNNERS.

PLAY the ball TO FEET FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

:angry: :rant: punish: :nono: :rolleyes:

p.s. I cannot actually remember it "working ONCE" like I suggested in that post. I am assuming that somewhere in the outter atmosphere, or in another dimension of time and space, lumping high balls to anyone in a Brighton shirt ever managed to be effective - and MAstupidGIT and Dean Winpenetrativelythickskulllkins presided over said LOSER tactic.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:

I agree with that.

bramble

Apr 23, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:

Cos BHA are s**t

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here