Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton next season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
If you avoid relegation this season as it is still a possiblity you can go down..
How do you think you will fair next season.
(1) Pushing for the play offs.
(2) Mid table boring stuff.
(3) scrapping it out with who ever comes up from league 1 at the foot of the table.
What is Mark Maggie (Mcghee) going to do turn you into a force in this Division.
My opinion is Mid table boring stuff for next season and if money is not forthcoming then the following season will only bring heartache back to the withdean.
:drink:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we may well struggle next year to get some of the results we have had away from home

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
The only heartache experienced at the withdean next season will be from away supporters like you as you contemplate making the journey home after watching an albion victory.

:salute:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Much the same as this season unless we can get some money from somewhere.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
To be honest Croydonbloke, it hinges completely or where we are with the Falmer decision. If money can start coming in from this, DK can afford to loosen the purse strings a touch, as was the case after the FA Cup game at Spurs (that is how we managed to get McCammon).

If nothing has been decided, then yeah another relegation scrap it will be. But everybody expected us to be in Rotherham's position this season, so who knows?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Depends on the Stadium. If we get permission then we should get a boost and find it easier to attract and retain players, if we don't the club's in crisis and staying in the championship will be the least of our worries.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
sleepynick said:
The only heartache experienced at the withdean next season will be from away supporters like you as you contemplate making the journey home after watching an albion victory.

:salute:
No if we go to the withdean the heartache will be that we can only take 300.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we will still be scrapping to avoid relegation but will be in a better position to acheive this due to

a) the squad knowing they have what it takes to stay up , this will be most evident in the young players who should improve further for the experience of this year
b)McGhee bringing in 2 possibly 3 new faces. I trust him completely and know whoever he brings in will only help cement our status as a "Championship" team

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
realistically i see number 2 *snigger* being the outcome next season

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Mid table i would hope.

Last edited:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Mid-table, but far from boring. We'll be affirming our right to challenge for the play-offs in the 2006-7 season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Voroshilov said:
Depends on the Stadium. If we get permission then we should get a boost and find it easier to attract and retain players, if we don't the club's in crisis and staying in the championship will be the least of our worries.
Very true. As i feel Palace`s problems are that players find Selhurst unattractive and decide not to want to play there. In all honesty i can not blame them as it is in need of major restoration. God that hurt to say.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think it depends on who signs their contracts and if we can keep this team.
I'm not so bothered about bringing in too many new players, lets just keep hold of the ones we've got and if the young players keep improving, who knows?
Leon might have a cracking season and then play offs might not be a totally stupid shout, then again if we struggle up front it might be relegation.
I'm looking forward to it already!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Croydonbloke said:
Very true. As i feel Palace`s problems are that players find Selhurst unattractive and decide not to want to play there. In all honesty i can not blame them as it is in need of major restoration. God that hurt to say.

You've rather set yourself up there CB, Albion surely can't be in a position in the hopefully very near future where our ground is better than yours? You'll have a few of your own to answer to there...!!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Seagull73 said:
You've rather set yourself up there CB, Albion surely can't be in a position in the hopefully very near future where our ground is better than yours? You'll have a few of your own to answer to there...!!
I didn`t set myself up as i feel it is a true statement. I hope Jordan sticks to his word and bulids a new stadium if we stay up?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Croydonbloke said:
I didn`t set myself up as i feel it is a true statement.

It would be naieve to think otherwise regardless of being a palace fan. A new 22000 seater stadium or Selhurst? YOU decide.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Rangdo said:
It would be naieve to think otherwise regardless of being a palace fan. A new 22000 seater stadium or Selhurst? YOU decide.
More like 35.000 all seater Rangdo. Sounds very good thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here