Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton must strengthen to be promoted - Ankergren

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not normally a gloom monger but I think I'd be in the 'Leeds were a top side despite Ankergren' rather than him being amazing. Average league 1 starting goalie. We have two of those so excellent for depth but neither is elite for this league if that's what we're after.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh and he's told us what 150 threads the past couple of months have on here, we want to make the play-offs and need 3 quality players to add to the squad :albion2:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All the "he's not Kuipers so he's not liked" stuff is what is childish. Sign a goalkeeper better than Michel, and everyone will move on and there'll be no debate. But so far, we've not done that and the signs are that we still haven't despite signing 2 goalkeepers this summer.

Ankergren played 27 in the league last season, 35 the season before and 46 in his first full season at the club. So, he was steadily playing fewer games for Leeds. I don't want to get into this debate again, it's tiresome and boring. And I sound like a grumpy old man having a tantrum because Michel isn't here anymore. But, seriously, I don't think Ankergren is anywhere near as good as people think he is. Yes, we signed him from the mighty Leeds. But he was steadily being edged out of their team, I know they've consistently finished above us in the league. Maybe my expectations of a goalkeeper are overly ambitious and Ankergren and Brezovan are the best we can get at the moment, if so then fine. But I don't agree in settling for second best and accepting it. Our goalkeepers are quite weak, in my humble opinion, but considering Poyet has signed 3 of them, we won't be getting another one now until next summer at the earliest. And that worries me.

The only areas of the pitch that I think we are weak in, are the goalkeepers and the strikers. Right now, atleast. Poyet still talks about signing 4 more players and if he does then that could make all the difference to the attack. But I'll still have lingering doubts about the goalkeeping situation. Flame me if you must, but I think that's a valid opinion and it's not one that I'm pleased about. I'd rather not have little faith in our first choice goalkeepers!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
All the "he's not Kuipers so he's not liked" stuff is what is childish. Sign a goalkeeper better than Michel, and everyone will move on and there'll be no debate. But so far, we've not done that and the signs are that we still haven't despite signing 2 goalkeepers this summer.

Ankergren played 27 in the league last season, 35 the season before and 46 in his first full season at the club. So, he was steadily playing fewer games for Leeds. I don't want to get into this debate again, it's tiresome and boring. And I sound like a grumpy old man having a tantrum because Michel isn't here anymore. But, seriously, I don't think Ankergren is anywhere near as good as people think he is. Yes, we signed him from the mighty Leeds. But he was steadily being edged out of their team, I know they've consistently finished above us in the league. Maybe my expectations of a goalkeeper are overly ambitious and Ankergren and Brezovan are the best we can get at the moment, if so then fine. But I don't agree in settling for second best and accepting it. Our goalkeepers are quite weak, in my humble opinion, but considering Poyet has signed 3 of them, we won't be getting another one now until next summer at the earliest. And that worries me.

The only areas of the pitch that I think we are weak in, are the goalkeepers and the strikers. Right now, atleast. Poyet still talks about signing 4 more players and if he does then that could make all the difference to the attack. But I'll still have lingering doubts about the goalkeeping situation. Flame me if you must, but I think that's a valid opinion and it's not one that I'm pleased about. I'd rather not have little faith in our first choice goalkeepers!

Over the years we've had loads of keepers (loan and permanent) that were better than Kuipers, but no one could accept it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
My Mate is a Leeds season ticket holder,When we signed Casper I asked him what he thought of him.

This was his reply.

"He nearly cost us promotion with his blunders,our shit spell coincided with Shane Higgs being injured and Casper being in the team but on ocassions looked world class,Gus knows him so must rate him"

I think after Gus saw how bad Poke was.due to nerves or he is just crap I dont know!

Gus had to do something quick,thats why Casper got a 2 year contract.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Poke, now Ankergren, hence "again". Two blunders in a row in that position.

Casper Ankergren has played 3 matches for us so far. Are we in a position to tell if his signing really is a blunder (I love that word)? 'f***ed us over' seems to suggest it was intentional.

He has a better record thus far than the duds that Adams and Slade signed for us.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Poke, now Ankergren, hence "again". Two blunders in a row in that position.

After an early game for Kuipers where he appeared to throw the ball into his own net I was sitting next to a now prominent member of the Albion family and he shouted "You're Not Effing Fit to Wear the Effing Shirt" at the top of his voice.

I think he ended up on Kuipers benefit committee.

No names no pack drill.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Poke was signed as a backup and given the chance to prove himself once brez got injured. SO FAR he has proved he is not ready.

This does not mean a) he was a mistake or b) he's shit, it just means he is not ready yet.

Why can't the kuipers crawlers move on, its really dull now.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I am totally and utterly sick of this player bashing. Casper Ankergran has not been paid money by leeds for however many years for being a shit keeper. Pepe Renia mad a a total howler v Arsenal but no one is going on about how shit he is. Give the guy a f***ing chance. IDIOTS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we now have two keepers of Div 1 ability who will compete against each other for the jersey and that cant be bad. Neither of whom have showed that they will make any more mistakes than FDM, both have shown that their distribution of the ball and their command of the area is better so where is the problem.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am totally and utterly sick of this player bashing. Casper Ankergran has not been paid money by leeds for however many years for being a shit keeper. Pepe Renia mad a a total howler v Arsenal but no one is going on about how shit he is. Give the guy a f***ing chance. IDIOTS.

Agree with this and BG's comment above. It is about time we gave the man in green be it Caspar or Brez our backing for a change.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Very true. If Ankers and Brez were any good they would be keeping goal for Man U and not some mid table third div club. Which we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here