Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon - 18th April 2010.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Anyone on here doing this?

18th April 2010, 9AM start - the first ever Brighton Marathon.

They're going to try and make it big for the future, 2nd biggest to the London Marathon, and are expecting around 10,000 runners, and 30,000 spectators, finishing along Madiera Drive.

They are also in negotiations to get this LIVE on TV, and have a highlights package incase already. Great for Brighton and Hove..

Great cause - hopefully a great day.

I cannot wait :thumbsup:

Brighton Marathon – Home

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A day of Joy for anyone not involved who is trying to get around brighton then :angry:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
:nono: Oh dear, my mistake. Oh well, that was 3 whole months ago! Loaddsaaaaa people would have signed up since then :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
there's something i don't quite get about the course, obviously the map on there isn't supposed to be perfectly accurate, but how are they planning to get from boundary road to wish park if it isn't by new church road?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
there's something i don't quite get about the course, obviously the map on there isn't supposed to be perfectly accurate, but how are they planning to get from boundary road to wish park if it isn't by new church road?

There going to go along the seafront one way and then double back on themselves to head back towards Brighton

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I may enter this and run for the REMF. Considering I have not run since 2001 it could be quite a challenge.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It would also be a week or so before REMF 9.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I think I remember reading somewhere that there will be a seperate application for people who missed out on London

You can apply for both, and if you're successful in the London application receice a refund. More places will become available for the Brighton one then.

And, to answer the original question, yes.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I'm going for it, haven't ran one since the Beachy head in 2003. I'll have to train on a treadmill though, so I will probably do myself a permanent injury on the day. But, he who dares Rodders, he who dares.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I think I remember reading somewhere that there will be a seperate application for people who missed out on London

Still places for allcomers for the full £45, I just signed up and paid this morning. BN postcode applicants with discount are full only

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here