Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton - league 1 odds

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
They've got a good squad, Lee Grant for example (Keeper) is wanted by a number of Championship/Prem clubs for about £1m. They've signed Clinton Morrison and Neil Mellor who should both score 15 goals each, and a couple of other good players. Obviously a big fan base and should be hard to beat at home.
Pretty sure Lee Grant's gone to Burnley. Wednesday have got a good strike-force (four strikers who will score goals at this level), and a solid CB pairing, but that's about it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Pretty sure Lee Grant's gone to Burnley. Wednesday have got a good strike-force (four strikers who will score goals at this level), and a solid CB pairing, but that's about it.

Oh right, i knew he was sure to be off soon, but what i meant is that they have quality in the squad and seem to have some money with the players they're bringing in. As you say Tudgay could get 20+ next season, and Heffernan, Morrison and Mellor could easily get 15 each playing reguarly.
Decent CB's like you said, and a decent midfield, Teale, Coke, Sedgwick etc.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I wouldn't rate us at anything shorter than 20/1. Too many unproven players - that's not really a criticism of Gus as I feel they will do well, but we can't be certain they will whereas I think everyone would be astonished if Southampton didn't win the league this year.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i put £2.50 each way (total £5) on us at 14/1 but i'm too stoopid :down:to understand the odds. what will i win if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

i know it's only a few quid, i meant to do £5 each way tbh, but i'm easily confused in a bookies!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
i put £2.50 each way (total £5) on us at 14/1 but i'm too stoopid :down:to understand the odds. what will i win if we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

i know it's only a few quid, i meant to do £5 each way tbh, but i'm easily confused in a bookies!
Each way probably only means top 2. And it will be a third of the original odds. Am i right?

I'm guessing roughly 1st - £50 2nd- £15

*prepares to be slated for being wrong

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We will be promoted AUTOMATICALLY, of that I am sure!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So what are the odds of us making the plays offs (not neccisaryily going up)

What are the odds of us getting promoted (either Champs, Auto or via playoffs)

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
slip said 1/4 odds for top 3 but do i still get 14/1 if we're top? :dunce: should have asked one of the drunk gambling addicts with the 1000yard stare in ladbrokes.

If B&HA finish top you'll receive £48.75 back. If they finish second or third you'll receive £11.25 back.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
So what are the odds of us making the plays offs (not neccisaryily going up)

What are the odds of us getting promoted (either Champs, Auto or via playoffs)

I can find only one price for B&HA finishing in the top six; 11/8 with Coral. The prices for you to be promoted, by any method, have shortened dramatically over the last two or three weeks. Bet 365 are still offering 5/1 but not for much longer I'd imagine. The most striking drop in price is Coral's, from 6/1 to 10/3 in a couple of weeks.
I am bitterly disappointed at how short your odds are, particularly the low handicap. I'd identified B&HA from about February to be the team to look out for this season. Unfortunately, as I wrote the other day, the cat's out of the bag, and every bookmaker is aware of the Poyet effect.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The bookies know who our chairman is so will shorten the odds accordingly.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Just looked on sky bet and we're 12/1 to win the league, ahead of Charlton who are 14/1.

Why are we so fancied this season? Personally I would bite your hand of at a chance of the play-offs but the bookies seem to think we'll be in the automatic promotion spots! 7/2

11/8 for a top 6 Finnish!

Those odds are ridiculous, there are no Finnish teams in the league!:dunce:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Dagenham & Redbridge could surprise a lot of people. No club will relish going there and the area is ghastly for visiting fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here