Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton - league 1 odds

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Just looked on sky bet and we're 12/1 to win the league, ahead of Charlton who are 14/1.

Why are we so fancied this season? Personally I would bite your hand of at a chance of the play-offs but the bookies seem to think we'll be in the automatic promotion spots! 7/2

11/8 for a top 6 Finnish!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Charlton need to hold it together financially.

Good end to last season and strengthened squad, if Lua Lua signs which seems likelier and likelier and we get the forward that Gus is looking for, would you bet against us not making the playoffs at least?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Last time I looked we were 5th favourites (behind Southampton, Charlton, Wednesday and Huddersfield).

We're fancied because we're one of the best teams in the division :p

We ended last season well, arguably have the best manager and have a pretty decent squad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I fancy us I really do. But still think the odds are poor value.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Charlton need to hold it together financially.

Good end to last season and strengthened squad, if Lua Lua signs which seems likelier and likelier and we get the forward that Gus is looking for, would you bet against us not making the playoffs at least?

Think we'll be in the play-offs can't say I believe we'll qualify automatically though. Didn't know about Charlton's financial problems thought they were a certainty for promotion this year!

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
pisspot.jpg

pee-pee-poster-c12269468.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think they've retained most of their players but they've been severely restricted in terms of making new signings so they should still be up there.

They were offering free tickets for fans to come clean the seats for the start of the season the other day, and hey can't afford to fix their big screen.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why are Shef Wed there? They were shit against Palace when they had to win to stay up. Have they signed a load of players or something?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think they've retained most of their players but they've been severely restricted in terms of making new signings so they should still be up there.

They were offering free tickets for fans to come clean the seats for the start of the season the other day, and hey can't afford to fix their big screen.

They have lost Frazer Richardson, Jonjo Shelvey, Nicky Bailey and Deon Burton (and maybe more that I have forgotten) so that is a lot of quality.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I got us at 16s to win the thing, also did that on E/W

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We should be around 33/1.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why are Shef Wed there? They were shit against Palace when they had to win to stay up. Have they signed a load of players or something?
They've got a good squad, Lee Grant for example (Keeper) is wanted by a number of Championship/Prem clubs for about £1m. They've signed Clinton Morrison and Neil Mellor who should both score 15 goals each, and a couple of other good players. Obviously a big fan base and should be hard to beat at home.
They have lost Frazer Richardson, Jonjo Shelvey, Nicky Bailey and Deon Burton (and maybe more that I have forgotten) so that is a lot of quality.

Lloyd Sam has left i think, David Mooney their other first choice striker has left, and their only striker appears to be Akpo Sodje. Looking at their website quickly it only lists 12 players on the first team squad list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here