Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton keeper on loan?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Chris May was in goal today for Burgess Hill, who lost 1-0 to Eastbourne Borough.

He didn't look very good either.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is he on loan? I was told on Saturday that he'd signed. There was no mention of it not being permanent.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
sully said:
Is he on loan? I was told on Saturday that he'd signed. There was no mention of it not being permanent.

No idea.

I doubt he'd sign permanently as he has no chance of displacing Pat Gannon, although Gannon is now injured.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The answer is on the Burgess Hill Town FC web site - he's been signed on work experience for 3 months while Pat Gannon is injured.

Predictably, I can't find anything on seagulls.co.uk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bobby's Gull said:
If he is no good, why have the Albion kept him on this long?

Dunno, maybe same reason they kept Packham on for so long.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
No idea.

I doubt he'd sign permanently as he has no chance of displacing Pat Gannon, although Gannon is now injured.

gannon is probably the best keeper in sussex - although he seems to have become injury prone in the last 2 seasons

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
AND WHY THE **** IS CHARLIE OATWAY STILL AN ALBION PLAYER????????????
Because, although he won't get in the team this season, he's "a character", "great in the dressing room", "a real joker", "good for morale", "the heart of the club" etc etc. You can't expect us to release a player just because he's not good enough. Please keep up.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Limited player though he is Oatway did play a lot of games last season in a side that got promoted. He deserves his contract.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Pat Gannon is a class keeper. I used to play footy down the park with him when we were kids.

For some reason he left Palace because he didn't enjoy it!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
Pat Gannon is a class keeper. I used to play footy down the park with him when we were kids.

For some reason he left Palace because he didn't enjoy it!

i had the pleasure of training with him a few times during my stint at burgess hill last year. he is bloody good

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
now look who you're training with:) bet you're glad you left b.hill eh

no comparison tom. i find you're a top class goalie coach - i think burgess hill are looking for one as well now phil batchelors gone to st francis. why don't you aply?

Oct 25, 2003
Scotty M said:
no comparison tom. i find you're a top class goalie coach - i think burgess hill are looking for one as well now phil batchelors gone to st francis. why don't you aply?
the wages are crap-
i get much more at ovy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here