Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Afraid to say it's not. Too many Londeners, gays etc etc

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Don't care. I love the Albion and that's ALL that matters

Votes: 50 45.9%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

I got the train from Preston Park up to Gatwick two Saturdays ago. Number of bloody Arsenal shirts you'd have thought it was a football special. How do these people live with themselves? What, if anything, goes through their minds?
It is actually very very very sad.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I got the train from Preston Park up to Gatwick two Saturdays ago. Number of bloody Arsenal shirts you'd have thought it was a football special. How do these people live with themselves? What, if anything, goes through their minds?

Not so long ago I lived in Palace territory. Would you have said the same thing of me if you'd seen me travelling to East Croydon from SE London on a Sat morning with my Albion shirt on?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I don't think it is either, mainly because we'll have had to wait 13 years for a stadium and that wouldn't have happened in somewhere like Derby.

I was going to use Derby as an example of a real football town. I know someone from there and everyone knows, or has an interest in what is going on at the football club. This was a few years back, when they were shit, not lately. Their local radio station is even called Ram FM.

What said it for me is, oddly enough, when I was looking at tattoos in Brighton with her and they had nothing Albion related to show me. She said there would be 100's in Derby. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but shows the demand is more there.

There are just too many people in brighton who have moved to the town. Shame.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was going to use Derby as an example of a real football town. I know someone from there and everyone knows, or has an interest in what is going on at the football club. This was a few years back, when they were shit, not lately. Their local radio station is even called Ram FM..

That's because the city's crest is a ram - nothing to do with Derby County.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Course it is. Look at the three most-read stories on the Argus website today...or any day. Albion stories are always the top ones.

I remember in one of our promotion seasons walking into town and being stopped by two different people asking whether we'd been promoted or not (or won the league, I can't remember exactly) - one was an old geezer, one a young woman. They obviously both knew enough that Brighton was going for promotion and were genuinely cheered by the result. Or take my sister texting me a few minutes after the win in Cardiff - she hasn't been to a match since the 70s but was still switched-on enough to check the score and be happy for the result.

Obviously we're the hard core fans, but there are thousands more out there who are interested in the Albion and who are, silently, rooting for them. If we'd relied on the hard core to sign the Falmer petition, it wouldn't have been anything like as effective.

The problem with looking at the argus website is that its more likley to be people from outside of Sussex that would read it!

People that Live in Brighton would just BUY the Argus, wouldn't they?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The problem with looking at the argus website is that its more likley to be people from outside of Sussex that would read it!

People that Live in Brighton would just BUY the Argus, wouldn't they?

People look at the website for the comments. How else would Sad Sue from Hove get her kicks

And people don't buy the Argus, it's got a relatively low circulation. Look at the number of people on here who were moaning at the demise of Argus Lite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will not waste my money buying The Argus because most of what is written in it is, in my opiniopn , crap so I read on line anything that catches my eye, or ios about The Seagulls or Sussex CCC

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The Albion is Sussex's club.

Just a shame that so many people from Sussex now travel up to London every Saturday,

It might take a good few years, but at least with Falmer we can reverse the trend.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
England is one of the greatest football counties on the planet.

Brighton is in England.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In terms of support I don't think Sussex is much of a sporting county.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure how you measure the degree of football a town is, but I feel that Brighton/Sussex is certainly capable of sustaining a mid-ranking Championship team if that helps. With a bit of luck the team could do better.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He's right its not a football town. Its one of the only things (along with the faggots) that annoys me about my home town. Only during England matches, and only a few of them does Brighton turn into a Football City. Who can forget that brilliant night in West St when England beat Germany 1-0 in Euro 2000, quite possibly the best night ever in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here