Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton is now second!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blackpool has been names by Which as the favourite seaside resort

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Blackpool's just a day out for Mancunians, no one with any class would go there. Once we get the Jap's eye erected we'll be the sexiest seaside prospect and people will be coming from all over, spunking their hard-earned green to rise up that long, thick shaft.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blackpool is a complete and utter DUMP. The place hasn't seen a lick of paint since 1973.

D

Deleted User X18H

Blackpool's just a day out for Mancunians, no one with any class would go there. Once we get the Jap's eye erected we'll be the sexiest seaside prospect and people will be coming from all over, spunking their hard-earned green to rise up that long, thick shaft.

Not gonna happen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not gonna happen.

It's built and sitting on barges in Holland. Cycled past yesterday and the West Pier frontage had lots of 'advertising' hoardings about 'The Eye,' although I didn't stop to read them. Finance might be an issue but it will get backing I believe.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have you been to Blackpool?

I have. :down:

Without reading that report, I guess this is about managing expectations and knowing that you're going to a certain place for a certain sort of entertainment. Don't go to Blackpool if you want a Brighton-type experience, and vice-versa.

The only real things that Brighton has in common with Blackpool is that both are next to the sea, and so the two get lumped in that basket almost every time, even though the two are miles apart socially.

I think it's more appropriate to compare (or at least try and compare) Brighton with, say, Bristol or Norwich.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only time I've been to Blackpool was for a stag do, it really is a hole and feels like travelling back in time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to Blackpool for a long weekend 4 or 5 years ago. It was like stepping into a Life on Mars-sytle timewarp, the whole town just looks tired and grubby. The kids enjoyed it for the Pleasure Beach obviously, but trying to find somewhere even semi- decent to go out and have a meal in the evening was a right old mission. Unless all you wanted was burger and chips.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We should all be happy with second spot, it will keep the Mancs/Scouse/Jocks going to Blackpool!

Seriously the major downfall to our jewel-by-the-sea is the cost of parking.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I have. :down:

Without reading that report, I guess this is about managing expectations and knowing that you're going to a certain place for a certain sort of entertainment. Don't go to Blackpool if you want a Brighton-type experience, and vice-versa.

The only real things that Brighton has in common with Blackpool is that both are next to the sea, and so the two get lumped in that basket almost every time, even though the two are miles apart socially.

I think it's more appropriate to compare (or at least try and compare) Brighton with, say, Bristol or Norwich.

I'd go with most of that. Culturally, Brighton and Blackpool are poles apart. Having been to Skegness recently, I was surprised at how limited the resort was. All it seemed to offer was the kiss-me-quick-squeeze-me-slowly fare which, in Brighton thankfully, is confined to the pier.

Though Brighton has it's problems, it is far more 3D than most of it's seaside rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here