Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton interested in STEALING Sean Thornton

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
According to a contact I have close to the Orient player he is STALLING on signing a new deal to see what other offers come along.

Rumours abound that we are one club sniffing round him.

Bound to be complete BUNKUM but has to have more legs than the Joey Barton rumour...

I would RUDDY love to sign Sean AND Kevin Thornton.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
IF we could get him playing to his ability and keep him away form the booze then he would be a great signing, he would be great in the AM role

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The same contact told me we were snooping round Jabo Ibehre about a fortnight before Knight went public with our interest a while back so you never know...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IF we could get him playing to his ability and keep him away form the booze then he would be a great signing, he would be great in the AM role

I have been advocating signing him for the whole of last season but we must keep him away from the Coca Cola (Coke!). I would rather sign him than his brother Kevin.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The same contact told me we were snooping round Jabo Ibehre about a fortnight before Knight went public with our interest a while back so you never know...

MM was going to sign him when he was manager and the story broke about him MM and DK in Topolino when his agent told him to walk away and not sign.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thornton just keeps dropping lower and lower down the leagues- clearly has ability but the suggestion is that his fitness and/or attitude aren't there.

The new Kevin McLeod?

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Thornton has got a LOT of ability BUT-

He is an idiot:

- Trained with Sunderland while in contract with Tranmere ( told Tranmere a relative had died)

- Had drinking problem at Donny, Sunderland and at Orient

Im afraid he would turn out like another O'Calloghan for you

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thornton has got a LOT of ability BUT-

He is an idiot:

- Trained with Sunderland while in contract with Tranmere ( told Tranmere a relative had died)

- Had drinking problem at Donny, Sunderland and at Orient

Im afraid he would turn out like another O'Calloghan for you

He wasn't one of the Sunderland players in that, ahem, "home-movie", that accidentally ended up on YouTube, was he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here