Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton in the Prem?

Would you promotion this season or next?

• This season

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Next season

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters

seagullss

Jan 17, 2011
Brighton
Would you like to see us go up this season to the prem, or spend another season in the championship before mounting a challenge to go up so we have a better chance of staying up in the prem with more expierence?

seagullss

Jan 17, 2011
Brighton
obviousy any fan would want their club to be promoted, but i think another season in the championship would do us a world of good and help us adapt to the massive step up to the prem. You see it all the time of clubs going up and coming straight back down, we dont want to taste the prem for 1 season only do we!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Heart says this season, head says next season.

Certainly won't be too disappointed if we have another season in the Championship, but, you know what, I have this funny feeling..............

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not if we are going to be spending all our time worshipping the opposition players as if we are not worthy to be playing against them.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Would you like to see us go up this season to the prem, or spend another season in the championship before mounting a challenge to go up so we have a better chance of staying up in the prem with more expierence?

I don't think more experience in the championship will help muchwith being in the prem, we just need to jump in at the deep end. Then we can gain premier league experience, and try to consolidate in the big time!
Also the sooner we go up could mean the longer we have gus as manager in the prem, also attract better players, that can only be a good thing.
I don't think it would matter too much if we went up, then came straight back down! we would get the parachute payment thingy, who knows though if we do go up we could stay there!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As above think we will be stronger if we didn't get promoted this year and had more time to strengthen the squad at this level. If, and that's a big if, we continue to ride high in the division for the remainder of the year, we will be such an attractive prospect to the top players over the summer and think we could get some brilliant players in. The money we are making at the moment through the stadium will mean our budget will keep progressing in order to be able to lure in even more quality players (without having to rely on the additional income promotion would bring). We managed to get players like CMS and Buckley in when it was still an unknown as to how our squad would fair. With a successful season behind us, that will be enhanced ten fold.

Saying that, if we did manage to make it to the playoff final I obviously would be going all out for us to win :smile:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Obviously going up would be ace. Sure they're not quite ready, but if we stay down another season, what's to say prem teams won't nab all our talent and promising youngsters. Then we'll be back to square one. We're more likely to keep our better players if we go up. I think they'll develop and improve during the season into something that resembles a prem team.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Do it this.

If Bloom is gonna support with quality signings to make it worthwhile.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As long as we don't overspend, I think there is no problem with going up this season. Even if we get relegated straight away, we will have gained experience and will benefit from parachute payments for a couple of seasons. My only worry would be if we went up, got relegated straight away and lost the manager and/or the spine of our team.

Nevertheless, whatever happens, I trust Tony Bloom to steer our ship in the correct direction - everything he has touched so far seems to have turned to gold.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think Norwich are a great example of what can be achieved; momentum carried them forward last season after getting out of League One, a brilliant young manager in Paul Lambert, play good entertaining football and have made a fairly bright start to their top flight campaign. Life's too short!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
How can anyone vote next season? It would mean wanting to lose games this?

Not really - that would only apply if staying down this year guaranteed promotion next year, which it obviously doesn't.

Having said that, I'd rather go up this year. Even if we do go up and straight back down, we'll bring the parachute payments with us, giving us an even better chance to fight for (re-)promotion or to become a solid, permanent Championship presence...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Heart says this season, head says next season.

Certainly won't be too disappointed if we have another season in the Championship, but, you know what, I have this funny feeling..............
this

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wont be disappointed if we don't go up but if the opportunity of promotion this year comes I'll bite your hand off, take it whenever the chance is there.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This season, but a daft poll... like we get a choice!?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
At the moment we have a chairman and manager capable of putting together a team for the prem. I don't think a couple of seasons in ths division will teach us much. If anything we could be at even more risk of losing our better players i.e. Dunk etc. Looking at teams like Wigan, West Brom, Fulham as a bench mark, I would argue that our infrastructure is currently better than theirs. It will be interesting to see how the 3 newly promoted clubs get on also. I like to think we are a team who likes to play football, similar to Norwich and Swansea. But ultimately will that be their downfall, whereas Stoke have played ugly and survived a few seasons. Having said all that, if we had been guaranteed 12th before this season started, I would have been happy with that. I would like to think on current form and with the current squad, we should look to finish a bit higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here