Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Buses - Change...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Definitely write to Roger French at Brighton and Hove buses. I wrote about a bus (the first of the day) that always ran between 3 and 4 minutes early but one day was a massive 8 mins early (which 6 stops into a route was quite an achievement). The next bus which should have been 15 mins later was a further 10 mins late. Having written and complained the bus failed to run at all the next day.

I did get two saver tickets (£7.20 worth) free for taking the trouble to send a snarl mail.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Cheers chaps.

Normally don't bother with complaining, but the thought of him getting a lashing (I have his driver number), makes it worthwhile this time round.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What this boils down to is the idiotic decision by some banker to stop supplying £5 notes to cash machines.

Brighton and Hove bus drivers are mainly miserable bastards, although as noted above there are a few decent ones around too.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I might right to them as my bus is five minutes late every single morning.
Roger French sent me a christmas card so I must be entitled to do this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm too young/stupid to even remember £5s in ATMs.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
There is / was an ATM at Preston Circus that used to give £5's. That is the only reference I know about ATMs and £5 notes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just think yourself lucky Ireland and Canada to name two countries where I have got a bus, they would let you on unless you have the correct money.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Just think yourself lucky Ireland and Canada to name two countries where I have got a bus, they would let you on unless you have the correct money.

when i lived in Crawley (albeit a long time ago) we used to have to drop the coins in a slot, you never got any change. and they never ran on a Sunday morning! and don't get me started on them Manchester buses, I caused considerable dalay to an 86 when i asked for 4 singles to piccadiily, It took the driver about 5 minutes to locate his calculator before charging me £8.80, luckily i didn't pay with a tenner

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
the reason why fivers were taken out of cash machines was two fold:

- it reduced the overall cash that could be held and so caused additional refilling

- the quality of £5 notes meant more note jams

a lot of work has been done on atm redesign and with the BoE on note quality and the number of machines that gives fivers will increase but with key sites being identified such as secondary or tertiary shopping areas e.g london road or whitehawk broadway and also student areas

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fivers get tatty and worn out pretty quickly . They are normally in short supply and until we convert over to euros we'll have to wait for the €5 coin to appear. Bus drivers are only give a small float of coins when they leave the depot , OAPs and the disabled travel for free , a large number use prepay tickets so the driver wont have a mountain of coins to give out as change. In some parts of the UK you need the correct money as no change is given.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here