Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A good game - and Brighton were excellent for most of the second half.

I said before the game that Potter needed a result - and he got a draw.

However, can't help feeling that this is 2 points lost than a point gained - the team were on top once the third went in and couldn't get the win - the new year continues as the old one ended - still in need of a home win.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
A good game - and Brighton were excellent for most of the second half.

I said before the game that Potter needed a result - and he got a draw.

However, can't help feeling that this is 2 points lost than a point gained - the team were on top once the third went in and couldn't get the win - the new year continues as the old one ended - still in need of a home win.

1-3 at half time has to be a point gained.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well thats a reprieve for Potter, almost feels like a win after being 1-3 down. Move on was a better performance 2nd half.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
shite ref but why does it take until half time to play with any urgency.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very worrying the Potter just can’t win a match. Awful defending in the first half and mostly all at sea tactically. Much better 2nd half but we can’t keep giving the opposition goals like we do in every match.

Quite.

Great comeback though. Propper looked like his old self. Dunk played well.

Zeqiri worked hard.

Hopefully this will give us a lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I feel better than I did at half time, the come back will boost the players confidence at least.

I started to get down from the fence at half time, I’ve now decided to get back up on the fence and give Potter more time, hopefully some incoming players might boost our results.

Have a good evening everyone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We’ll have to be doing better than that. I’m not devastated nor am I particularly encouraged by a draw with Wolves.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Potter changed the formation to 442 when Neves was receiving treatment. March who had done a decent job in helping contain the threat down our left ends up in the right back then winger but Trossard is still central. Result being the lack of cover and 3-1. My ex wife supports Wolves and we have child swap tomorrow for this reason alone...he has to go.

He can stay now...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No VAR complaints yet though!

Plenty of time for that in the second half. Along with missing a sitter.

Still, plenty to earn from today's game and it's never a wasted day when you learn something...

I reckon we can put the Zequiri miss under missed sitter and the Trossard 'goal' as a VAR controversy.

We even got a hit woodwork and a draw. This could be the dictionary definition of Brighton 20/21.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger. One yellow card short. :down:

bugger1.JPG

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Right. Potter needs to learn from this.
We give him credit for changing the shape, but it papers over the cracks because what we did in the 2nd half was a mile from 'his vision'.
That was proof, if we needed it, that we don't currently have the players to over complicate things, but we are a very useful team when we keep it simple and play at a high tempo.
Clear to see White is better at the back, looks fine on the left of a 3. Webster best on the right.
Propper's vision and composure still has a part to play.
A player like Zeqiri adds massively to our shape and threat.
I really hope Potter genuinely learns from that 2nd half, sucks it up and continues in this vein. Because his vision isn't working and we DO have the players to be doing more than we are.

Great summary :clap2:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Stop playing Ben in midfield, stop making so many changes and just stop playing Burn.

Still Potter in but baffled as to why we back off when going ahead.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not good enough. More horrific defending. Another over tinkered line up. Putting Dan Burn out to slaughter against Traore. Another very winnable game gone. Potter out.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Barring that pathetic refereeing decision, yet again, we came back to to win 4-3. Excellent comeback and, to be fair, well done Potter for making the changes needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here