Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Brighton & Hove Albion vs Woking, Official FA Cup thread****

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
At least we're in the draw.

Oldham Exeter and Bristol Rovers beaten by lower placed opposition.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
big slice of humble pie needed for all those expecting our name to be in the second round hat, or even better, a goalfest?!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
big slice of humble pie needed for all those expecting our name to be in the second round hat, or even better, a goalfest?!

our name is in the 2nd round hat, but next to woking's

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Exactly, some people were already debating on here whether it would be 5 or 6, and this proves that in the cup anything can happen.
Even so, i'm looking forward to the away game and kind of wanted a draw, should take a thousand or so to a new ground. Guessing it'll be on Tuesday 17th, the day of my driving test, hopefully the result will take my mind off failing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anyone expecting 5 or 6 were idiots, our performance in the JPT and Carling Cup would have shown that wasn't going to happen.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Main problem no width.

Second problem - 1 shot on target in 94mins. Shocking.

Gus - please play a stonger side Tuesday week. To rub it in their keeper has just said on the radio he couldn't believe what a quiet afternoon he had....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Good result for football.
Good result for non-league football
Good result for Sussex football.
Not good, or not as good as could be, for BHA, is all.

Where's your public spirit, you lot?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
rather we lost......waste of energy........fa cup has lost all its pedigree in the past 10 years...i am over it.

promotion to the championship is what we need.

2 flair argies against a rugged non league team will never work.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
slightly worried that are second string are not all that.....

Maybe come new year, there will need to be a strengthening of the squad

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
At least I will get to see a game & not have a 100 mile round trip cos I only live 10 mins away from Woking!

See? Spanish Seagull's saving money, and energy, and reducing the emission of greehouse gasses. There's your up-side right there! It's all a matter of perspective, innit?

:thumbsup:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Firstly, well played Woking, you got players behind the ball, battled hard and kept your shape and discipline to earn yourselves a deserved draw - credit due and also to your fans who were in good voice and magnificent - well done.

Secondly, we were poor today, the fringe players who came in did their chances of league football no favours. We looked flat footed, a bit slow and when the constant sideways and backwards passing failed to unlock Woking's massed bank of players we had no answer. Gus got the tactics wrong today in my opinion, when our passing and possession football was having no effect he should have got us playing a bit more direct. That and our complete lack of width and any balls for the front two resulted in the 0-0 draw. Baz didn't really do much for me, Bridcutt simply stopped too many times once he had the ball and seemed reluctant to get forward, Sparrow was clearly short of match sharpness and poor and the rest just huffed and puffed with little end product. We sorely missed Kish, Bennett & LuaLua today. (Yes I know he's cup tied, just saying)

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Gus got the tactics wrong today in my opinion, when our passing and possession football was having no effect he should have got us playing a bit more direct. That and our complete lack of width and any balls for the front two resulted in the 0-0 draw. (Yes I know he's cup tied, just saying)

If it had got into a my-Route One-is-better-than-your-Route-One battle, would we in fact have thrashed them? Or was BHA flat enough to have drawn either way?

Just a hypothesis from 3000 mi. away and the wrong end of the BBC ticker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here