Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Okay, so 1-0 up and in full control is uneventful? What more were you wanting?
In full control but not a lot happened! So a little uneventful. I don’t want anything more, thanks for asking though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After the second goal we looked so good. Up to then we played within ourselves I would say. It could have been 7 or 8 in the end.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That first half wasn't our best. There were a lot of wayward passing, fortunately for us, there was more from West Ham. It was all quite untidy, though we did have a lot of possessions and played a lot in their half. The crowd had reason to groan or 'ooh' and 'aah' passes that were cut out. Even the ball out to Mitoma in the passage of play that led to the penalty didn't seem to be what was intended (but Mitoma recovered well, and made something of it). But other than the penalty we struggled to create a clear cut opportunity - March went in too close making the near post his only option and a relatively easy save, Mitoma almost nicked one by the far post, but was easily cut out. Other than that, I'm not sure I remember a lot of goals chances in that first half

But, it seemed everything was going our way - we had the luck of the bounce, an underperforming opponent who repaid our early errant passing, with wayward passing of their own.

Second half we were outstanding. I expected an improvement from West Ham, but they just got worse and seeming gave up. There was a particular moment before the corner for the second goal when we played it around at the back, and it looked for a moment like West Ham were going to pressure us into a mistake, but we just played through them and up the other end drawing a save. When we played it through their attack the group of them in our box looked like they'd been knocked for six. That seemed to be the end for them, and we just played through them again and again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
E292FD18-8554-4F54-943F-D372AC0A7591.png

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I don’t get to see Brighton games a lot, bc often I work at the weekends and it’s not always easy to get tickets, but today I was fortunate enough to get a seat near the half way line, pretty much as good as it gets in terms of seats and pretty close to the action too. The passing, the control and technical ability of the Brighton players is very impressive. Seeing the action up close made me really appreciate how far we’ve come when I used to sit at Withdean in the pooring rain wearing a poncho miles away from the action, exposed to the elements, freezing cold and us playing hoofball in lower leagues. They are very different experiences, but they are both great for different reasons. I always had a soft spot for the Withdean and many a good games were had there. I’ve watched a hell of lot of football from the Isthmian league up to the Premier League and I don’t think you can really appreciate these sort of days and these sort of wins unless you’ve seen all sides of football. I don’t think all these day trippers and JCL’s getting up every 5 minutes appreciate how far this club and this team has come. Of course, it has to be said that West Ham were absolutely dreadful and I was really surprised how bad they were in the second half, but our passing was superb in the second half.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Incredible performance today. Masterclass. Gutted not to have been there but buzzing this eve nonetheless. Can't believe how good we've been this season overall. In contrast - I can't believe just how bad West ham were

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Controversially it seems tonight on nsc, I enjoyed the first half and it flew by. We were by far the better team, our sole weakness Estupinan/Mitoma both gifting Bowen space to attack, with a key Webster blunder too. We bossed them, Ferguson was outstanding.

Now portrayed on here as “boring” and how bad were we. In the actual stadium, it was fine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t get to see Brighton games a lot, bc often I work at the weekends and it’s not always easy to get tickets, but today I was fortunate enough to get a seat near the half way line, pretty much as good as it gets in terms of seats and pretty close to the action too. The passing, the control and technical ability of the Brighton players is very impressive. Seeing the action up close made me really appreciate how far we’ve come when I used to sit at Withdean in the pooring rain wearing a poncho miles away from the action, exposed to the elements, freezing cold and us playing hoofball in lower leagues. They are very different experiences, but they are both great for different reasons. I always had a soft spot for the Withdean and many a good games were had there. I’ve watched a hell of lot of football from the Isthmian league up to the Premier League and I don’t think you can really appreciate these sort of days and these sort of wins unless you’ve seen all sides of football. I don’t think all these day trippers and JCL’s getting up every 5 minutes appreciate how far this club and this team has come. Of course, it has to be said that West Ham were absolutely dreadful and I was really surprised how bad they were in the second half, but our passing was superb in the second half.

The people getting up every 5 minutes in our part of the NS are long term regulars, blokes in their 30’s and 40’s. Huge on beer, they ALL missed the Veltman goal. Classic.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's some lovely stuff on KUMB this evening, including one post that said: "There's no way Brighton are this good. Yeah they're better than us, but this is like watching Brazil 1970" :lol:

When we turn teams over, its interesting to see how many times the opposition fans call it "our worst performance this season / this year / this decade / in the last 50 years". Even some Fulham fans were magnaminous enough to have said it was one of their worst performances of the season when they spawned that win the other week.

Maybe - just maybe - when we get into our rhythm and our pass-press-pass carousel kicks into gear, we make the other team look a bit...rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here