Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

On the upside, great to see the Albion players and Potter join the campaign against PPV

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Considering how shit we played after scoring, it's probably just as well we didn't score earlier. If we'd had another 2 or 3 minutes of stoppage time there I wouldn't bet against WBA taking all the points.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Truly dire 2nd half.

West Brom passed the ball out of play 7 times in the first hslf.
As bad a team as we have played at the Amex.and yet again we fail to capitalise,

Maupay pointless and wasteful surprised he stayed on.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It was the fans leaving early that did it...oh wait a minute.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I get the Ben White experiment away or against a top 6 side but playing 4 CB's leaves us devoid of pace and creativity. Why did we go to a back 4 of Veltman, Webster, Burn & White to leave a midfield of Lamptey, Gross and Bissouma - totally lost our shape and all confidence. Playing 3 centre backs is ok but we need creativity imho....

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Appalling, Hughton in, Potter out, absolute crap. We have certainly progressed. ffs!! :ffsparr:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Very poor second half against a team who will struggle to get points against anyone this season. No intensity at all in that second half and again sleep walked into more dropped points.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Shocking second half and lucky to hold on for a point. It will be a long season if we play like that too often. West Brom were there for the taking in the first half, but we could not capitalise. So frustrating!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Embarrassing. Potter has to take total responsibility for the team that ended the match. Alzate up front (Why, when we were desperate to get hold of the ball in midfield?), Lamptey right wing and Gross in midfield. As soon as Lallana and Trossard went off we lost our way and had zero pace with the exception of Lamptey.

Connolly or Welbeck had to come on to play with Maupay and push West Brom back. Absolutely pathetic from Potter tonight, and from the players second half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice to be playing a side that hit the outside of the post and shoot just over.

Would have lost that by a glut if their shooting was of the standard we've become used too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
enlighten me. Hes a luxury player, exactly the opposite of what this game needed

Work-rate wise hardly a luxury player.

Personally I think the sub was wrong, but I certainly wouldn’t single Gross out as a problem based on tonight.

Unless March was injured he should never have been taken off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here