Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Big fan of Veltman's thick Dutch accent when he kicked the ball out of play:

"I'm shorry, I shlipped!"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A comprehensive first half romp, and who doesn't enjoy one of those? £14.95 very well spent so far.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Right lads.

No nonsense in this second half. We get the next goal and kill this game off. No silly mistakes, no dodgy back passes to Matty, no silly penalties.

We go and get this second and have a comfortable result for once. Deal?
- Vagabond’s half time talk

Glad you’re giving it and not Danny Wilson Said... :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"I'm not knocking Neal Maupay" says Warren Aspinall. Blimey, look out when he is. But he's right that Maupay misses too many chances.
He does, but that's why he was 20m, not 50m.

I still think he's a great player for us. His movement up top means our attacking play doesn't just grind to a halt, he wins balls he has no right to win, and he can bring other players into our play very effectively.

He misses too many, sure. He needs to learn when to smash it and when to be more precise, but he's not the only player we've got who doesn't score when he should.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I still think he's a great player for us. His movement up top means our attacking play doesn't just grind to a halt, he wins balls he has no right to win, and he can bring other players into our play very effectively.

He misses too many, sure. He needs to learn when to smash it and when to be more precise, but he's not the only player we've got who doesn't score when he should.

This - plus he has got 4 goals already this season. If he was any more clinical he’d be at a. Champions League team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Really frustrating, no need to be as West Brom hadn't hurt us at all.

They havent had a sniff, except for Diangana clever run. If we dont win, maybe we will again rue missed chances. Glad Tross has had 2 shots, just a shame hes hit them dead centre.

Release the Welbeck.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Comfortably the better side. Let’s get an early second goal and put this to bed.

HAS to be three points tonight now, WBA are not in this.

Some great balls from Trossard that half, back to his best tonight. Burn, Lamptey and Bissouma also looking very good.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We need to go for the throat, does feel like there is goals in this game for us if we could finish, the gaps at the back for WBA will surely only get bigger chasing the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Meanwhile, West Brom really don’t look very good. Have to get 3 points out of this...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Agree, but he isnt looking as sharp right now as he did at times last season. That volley v Wolves at the Amex, brilliant goal........ not sure he scores that same goal right now.

Its not ability, hes shown it, is it form,confidence, bad luck?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Comfortably the better side. Let’s get an early second goal and put this to bed.

HAS to be three points tonight now, WBA are not in this.

Some great balls from Trossard that half, back to his best tonight. Burn, Lamptey and Bissouma also looking very good.

Feels like Villa at home last season. def need another goal and not to sit back last 10-15 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here